The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

M

mrbroek

Hi all, been lurking for a while. My XPro1 arrived last week and it is a kick. Coming from a 20D with 17-55 2.8 , 50 1.4 and 70-200 4. Main reason for switching was the smaller form factor. For all the complaints on-line about the focusing and such, I find this camera a ton of fun and I don't find much to complain about. OOC jpg's are nice, though I wonder when we'll get Aperture support...
I'm using the OVF a ton - what a blast.
Thanks for viewing.

Playing with Photobooth:

On the boat by mrbroek, on Flickr

At the optometrist:

N portrait 1 by mrbroek, on Flickr
Pike Place:

Pike Place by mrbroek, on Flickr

Pike Place seats by mrbroek, on Flickr

Running:

N Running 1 by mrbroek, on Flickr

N Running 2 by mrbroek, on Flickr

N Running 3 by mrbroek, on Flickr

Shopping:

Shopping by mrbroek, on Flickr

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Wow, this thread has slowed. Not many XE-1 shooters here? I swapped the XPro-1 for the XE-1 (like the compactness of the latter). Here are a few taken recently...

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Ashwin, I have a heap of images; and I will get around to posting some soon. Apart from not being able to select less then -2/3 EV on the internal flash, it's excellent. Paired with the DP2 Merrill, a dream team, for me.

Lloyd

Hi all, been lurking for a while. My XPro1 arrived last week and it is a kick. Coming from a 20D with 17-55 2.8 , 50 1.4 and 70-200 4. Main reason for switching was the smaller form factor. For all the complaints on-line about the focusing and such, I find this camera a ton of fun and I don't find much to complain about. OOC jpg's are nice, though I wonder when we'll get Aperture support...
I'm using the OVF a ton - what a blast.
Thanks for viewing.
First off, Aharon, welcome to the forum. :salute: Second, these are terrific images. Looking forward to more.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Uwe, that Zeiss seems to work well for you. Where is that about?

Works very well (especially with the C1 conversion). Aerials are tricky. Here even the optical viewfinder was a plus. The lens was at f/4 and infinity fixed (taped it :)).

ustein

Contributing Editor
With better raw support at the horizon we will use the XP1 more again. Together with our GH3/GH2 kit.

Last edited: