The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lloyd

Very nice, Graham. Are you using auto focus, or are you focusing manually and adjusting for the IR shift?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lloyd,

This is using manual focus although with the 14mm the DoF available when focused out about 2m is prettty much toes to infinity and so the IR difference seems pretty moot.

Just having some fun working on my IR processing techniques and subject matter. Using the X series glass is interesting. The 18-55mm zoom has a horrible hot spot for IR. I have the 14mm with me on this trip and it seems to be a lot less sensitive to the hot spot problem. Will try the 35 & 18mm too when i get home.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks for the info, Graham. I'll be trying out some IR with this camera soon as well. Much appreciated.

m_driscoll

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

No posts in 4 weeks? I'll post these and then I'll scroll down from the beginning. I picked this up a couple of days ago. Very nice camera! This post could also be titled "what did you buy while you're waiting for your Leica M". :)

Cheers, Matt

No posts in 4 weeks? I'll post these and then I'll scroll down from the beginning. I picked this up a couple of days ago. Very nice camera! This post could also be titled "what did you buy while you're waiting for your Leica M". :)

Cheers, Matt
Matt: Nice ones! Particularly like # 4 and # 5. And of course glad to hear that you're quite successful lately workin' on your Mojo :).

rayyan

Matt, congrats on the new cam.

I see you are working the markets again!!:D

Best.

wosim

I like the X100s as lightweight addition to the M9 a lot.

... and the out of focus rendering is great ...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another example playing with the R72 filter and X-Pro1 / 14mm.

If anyone is interested in this combo I'm including the original as rendered in C1 Pro with the captured custom white balance (shot using open grass), a false colour image and B&W rendering. Still working on the false colour techniques!

Original with as shot WB from C1 Pro 7:

False Colour:

B&W:

tbhv55

@wosim, very nice set of images - and they have a "look" which appeals to me.

Would you care to share settings/processing details? (Of course, no problem if you prefer not to share them... :))