The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Rich M

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

I find the focus to incredibly accurate....much more so than my old X100.

Supposed to be studying for finals...... ;)

alajuela

Another example playing with the R72 filter and X-Pro1 / 14mm.

If anyone is interested in this combo I'm including the original as rendered in C1 Pro with the captured custom white balance (shot using open grass), a false colour image and B&W rendering. Still working on the false colour techniques!

Original with as shot WB from C1 Pro 7:

These are really nice Graham

Two questions,

1. Did you convert the camera, or are you using a filter? If a filter which one?

2. If you are using a filter, do you think the "hot spot" would still be a problem if the camera is converted?

Thanks so much

Phil

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another example playing with the R72 filter and X-Pro1 / 14mm.
These are really nice Graham

Two questions,

1. Did you convert the camera, or are you using a filter? If a filter which one?

2. If you are using a filter, do you think the "hot spot" would still be a problem if the camera is converted?

Thanks so much

Phil
Phil,

1) this is a standard X-Pro1. I used a 58mm Hoya R72 720nm filter. I've seen pictures from converted X-Pro1 cameras and they seem to have better performance as there obviously is some IR filtration in place which a converted camera wouldn't have.

2) Hot spots are really lens specific and not really caused by the filter only but due to the lens & coatings.

I found this very helpful:
Fuji X Pro 1 720nm IR Conversion | Mark Hilliard Atelier's Blog

Braeside

Yes Graham it would be nice to have the luxury of converting the X trans to IR, not least to get the exposure down to normal shutter speeds and ISO.

Maybe one day.

In the meantime I enjoy using the IR filters on a tripod.

Keep up the great work!

Lloyd

My friend and his 15-year-old daughter crossing the finish line of a local 5K run. She is a sprinter on her high school track team, but this is her first 5K and she struggled. He, on the other hand, usually finishes in the top four or five overall of any race he runs, but he stayed with her to keep her going. Then to thank him, she sprinted the last 100 meters to the finish.

35mm @ f4.0, prefocused:

Last edited:

alajuela

Phil,

1) this is a standard X-Pro1. I used a 58mm Hoya R72 720nm filter. I've seen pictures from converted X-Pro1 cameras and they seem to have better performance as there obviously is some IR filtration in place which a converted camera wouldn't have.

2) Hot spots are really lens specific and not really caused by the filter only but due to the lens & coatings.

I found this very helpful:
Fuji X Pro 1 720nm IR Conversion | Mark Hilliard Atelier's Blog
Hi Graham

Thanks for the info and link. I am planning to convert the X-pro 1 when the X-pro 2 comes out. A shame about the 18-55 I really like that lens.
I found these two places on the (in addition to the one in your link)
Kolari Vision Infrared Conversion Service and IR Photography Cameras
Spencers Camera & Photo Digital Camera Infrared (IR) Conversions, Modifications and IR Photography :: Welcome

I have a 5D converted now, and really want the option of the live view, Infrared is a really nice change, the 5D was done at life pixel and if I remember correctly it kicked in at 670nm.

Thanks again

Phil

Well I've finally joined the X-Pro crowd. Actually used it on an assignment tonight, but here's one from earlier in the day. My youngest just turned one month old

75 Summarit, ISO 3200

Last edited: