The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

etrigan63

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Back from three weeks in Europe with the X-E1 + 18-55 kit lens. Here's a few to whet your appetite:

Lido Noir by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

St. Mark's after Dark by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Grand Canal by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Salute Noir by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Santa Maria della Salute by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Pardon our dust by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Masks by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Venice Back Alley by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Bridge of Sighs by Gondola by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Murano by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

IMG_20130627_4021 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

All shots handheld.

Sapphie

Would I be mad to trade my X-Pro 1 + 15, 35, 60 lenses for an X-E1 + 18-55? I'd lose a ton of money but somehow I have not 'bonded' with the X-Pro 1 as well as I did with the X100 and I really do like not having to change lenses too often. My cameras producing the best quality for me at the moment are my Sigma DP Merrills, so I am thinking X-E + 18-55 as a general walkbout and for anything 'serious' I would reach for my Merrills.

Those that have the 18-55 zoom say it's a great lens so I doubt I'd be losing out much on quality and I'd be back to a smaller form factor.

Hmn, then again there's the X100S but that would be daft considering I still have the X100 and I am still not convinced about the X-trans sensor (yes I know that is in the X-E1 too) for landscape work ...

Of course I could start looking further afield, like the Pentax K5 II S + 18-135mm but - no, already been there with the first K5 and sold it after it sat on the shelf when my X100 took over LOL ...

I think I need to see a doctor ...

Lee

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Would I be mad to trade my X-Pro 1 + 15, 35, 60 lenses for an X-E1 + 18-55? I'd lose a ton of money but somehow I have not 'bonded' with the X-Pro 1 as well as I did with the X100 and I really do like not having to change lenses too often. My cameras producing the best quality for me at the moment are my Sigma DP Merrills, so I am thinking X-E + 18-55 as a general walkbout and for anything 'serious' I would reach for my Merrills.

Those that have the 18-55 zoom say it's a great lens so I doubt I'd be losing out much on quality and I'd be back to a smaller form factor.

Hmn, then again there's the X100S but that would be daft considering I still have the X100 and I am still not convinced about the X-trans sensor (yes I know that is in the X-E1 too) for landscape work ...

Of course I could start looking further afield, like the Pentax K5 II S + 18-135mm but - no, already been there with the first K5 and sold it after it sat on the shelf when my X100 took over LOL ...

I think I need to see a doctor ...

Lee
Lee, I don't think that is crazy at all. The right body is the body that works best for you. The X-E1 is more compact and has a couple of upgraded features from the XPro-1. Me, I wish I had gone for the XPro-1 myself instead of the X-E1, as I do badly miss having an optical viewfinder. Anyone interested in swapping bodies, let me know! :D

Simon M.

Been away for a while - life has been very busy (selling a house, buying a house, getting married!). Here are 4 from an extended stay at and around the lodge where our wedding was.

Hopefully I'll have more to post as I foresee having more time to get out and take some pictures!

Simon