The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

The doctors told me to take a short trip to see if I can take a longer one later on! :D

Ayesha suggested the UAE. How could I refuse.

So with the XE-1 and Sony RX-100, here we are. First stop Dubai.

A bit of the new..

and a bit of the old..

and waiting for the world's most advanced musical synchronised fountain show..

and a bit of ...let's wait for the next post.

Regards.

rayyan

Glad to see you are out and about, my friend. My best to you and yours.
Thanks a lot Lloyd. Bit tiring, can't keep up with her!! She is shopping for a climb in Argentina or somewhere there!:shocked:

Regards to Mimi.

I just sit in a place sipping my lemon and lime..chilled.
retow, grateful for the ' like ' my friend.

While watching through a fountain..

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks uncle pramote. I appreciate it very much.

Now, I have been thinking to start traveling. One problem, though. Got to get me a travel partner. Just like nano and jadoo.

All the forums I visit is full of oldies..drop me a line and let me where to hang out..you know what I mean...;)

Best if they too don't have teeth. But much younger than grandpa.:eek:
Very beautiful boy (I guess) my friend!
Pramote

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member

rayyan

The XE-1 had an accident today. It fell on hard marble floor, on ahot and humid day.

Picked it up. It wnet on shooting without missing a beat.

It's lugs did not come off either.

Rented a car. Got ourselves some cold drinks and sandwiches. Off to Abu Dhabi we went. Superb 6-lane motorway. clocked about 300 kms to and fro today.

Went to take some pics of the truly magnificent Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

Superlatives would not do justice to the architecture and the attentention to detail that has gone into its construction. I shall reserve mentioning the details for a later date; but as an example..the mosque's carpet was handwoven in Iran by 32,000 women. Its colors are organic. It is one piece covering the central hall. The quality..stand on an original Persian carpet..this is even better!!

The Fuji XE-1 at dusk ( I happened to be there at sunset:D ).

The walls of the mosque are made of stone imported from Tibet..

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Thanks a lot Lloyd. Bit tiring, can't keep up with her!! She is shopping for a climb in Argentina or somewhere there!:shocked:

Regards to Mimi.

I just sit in a place sipping my lemon and lime..chilled.
retow, grateful for the ' like ' my friend.

While watching through a fountain..

This is super cool :thumbs:

Are there any restrictions on entering the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque? I'm probably going to Dubai in a couple of months, and if I have time, it would be an interesting place to see.

rayyan

This is super cool :thumbs:

Are there any restrictions on entering the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque? I'm probably going to Dubai in a couple of months, and if I have time, it would be an interesting place to see.

Hi there Jorgen. Thanks for looking in.

The only restrictions are with respect to dress code and behaviour. If one is comfortable in visiting the Vatican with their dress, then it should be fine here. Women do need to cover their head. Shoes must be removed.

Photography is permitted. There are two small halls reserved for prayers, where non-muslims cannot enter and where photography is prohibited.

The main hall of the mosque is open to all. It is the grandest one too. It is closed for Friday prayers.

Take a guided tour. It is free and well worth it.

Two months from now would be a better time too..less heat and humidity.

Best regards.

RonSmith

Ron, I can see the problems your having with the 21.....I wouldn't do this with just anyone but I'll trade you for the Skopar....trust me, you'll be much happier.....
don
What, this old thing? I've had it for nearly 30 years.
Don, you are too kind, but I couldn't let you do that.

rayyan

Inside the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

The chandeliers are imported from Germany. Millions of crystals, made to order by guess who?

I shall mention later about the calligraphy.

rayyan

I went to have coffee in a mall in Dubai.

And ran into an old friend :eek:...small world!!

rayyan

Looks like a good trip, Rayyan. Wonderful photography too.
Much appreciated Lloyd. It is good to get away for a short while.

My thanks also to Jurgen, Krist8, Thorkil, Pramote and Grayhand.
Also Don and Chris.

Kindest regards.

rayyan

Shee-sha..nothing more pleasant for me than to have a bubbly with Arabic coffee, sitting on the seafront in the evening and listen to good music..

Let me say this...I would take the Fuji over that other one, if I was limited to one cam.