The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

benroy

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Dawn patrol trip around the block with the 60 macro.
The bottom (last) pic is of a water meter cover...you can just make out the "WATER" through the rust in the center of the cover.

Last edited:

rayyan

Lloyd, benroy..thank you so very much for looking in.

benroy, those are cracking pics from the macro.:thumbs:

Best regards.

rayyan

Continuing my small car ride, I came across a house.

Very much like my parents house. That was their world.

rayyan

Each house would inevitably have at least one date palm; even to this day.

rayyan

Decorated windows...authentic decor.

The lanterns are now fitted with eco lamps.

benroy

Subscriber Member

Trees (or parts thereof)...1,2,and 4: 14mm...#3: 18-55,

Last edited:

rayyan

Time to go back home from the valley. But not before a glance at a house on a hill..

Sapphie

I gave my humble little 18mm some time during a recent trip to Cornwall ...

Used Photo Ninja for processing ... 'green stuff' now looks correct. The Illumination slider reminds me of the Sigma Fill Light for Foveon ...

Lee

raist3d

A few street shots from last night, just to give a break to my Q7...

- Ricardo

Self critique- I need to be more careful shooting at F1.4. Easy to miss focus with moving subjects in particular since DOF is pretty shallow. Maybe start using F2.0 for some shots.

raist3d

OK, *that* is bizarre! Where is that? Are the "scratches" lights in long exposure or some overlay, double exposure?

- Ricardo

rayyan

OK, *that* is bizarre! Where is that? Are the "scratches" lights in long exposure or some overlay, double exposure?

- Ricardo
Thanks guys for the ' likes '.

Oh, that is a shopping center not far from my home. My wife popped in there to get a pair of shoes.

Apple and Leica have a store there lost amongst some French haute couture shops.

The 'scratches' are a filter by Alienskin sw. That is a ' bizarre' name.

I was actually sitting on a sidewalk outside Starbucks when I saw my wife and took this image.

Another one...

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

@Ricardo - Boy do I hear you on shooting at f/1.4. It is very difficult even with an X-E1's APS-C size sensor to get an entire face into focus at f/1.4. Frankly, I think you will find you end up going to f/2.8 or even f/5.6 most of the time to get the results you are looking for. Depth of Field at f/1.4 is pretty razor thin for most things.... but real great to have when you feel the need for speed :)

@Rayyan - Thanks again for sharing the story. You are a good storyteller my friend! And what a wonderful interesting place you live and photograph. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

@Everyone else - GREAT work here folks. Looking back to the start of this thread, it is pretty amazing how much everyones work keeps improving.

raist3d

@Chuck- not disagreeing with the intent and idea of what you said :) - well it can certainly be done- I did get some F1.4 in focus shots :) Remember also the distance (I am sure you know this already). For example the B&W woman walking - and yes, I needed the speed to freeze her :) The guy dancing would have been another shot perhaps doable but I needed to pre-focus somewhere else.

But yeah, I have to be more careful or perhaps use my XE1 a bit more to get that "intuition lock" I talk about :) Thanks for the comment. I should consider F2.0 at least in these darker situations if I am close.

- Ricardo