The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

@Chuck. Grateful for your encouragement and appreciation Chuck.:salute:

Thanks for making me a story teller!! Maybe you remembered the 1001 nights!:D Actually we refer to it as ' 1 and a 1000 nights ' ( Lail wa alf laila ).

About dress; ( Different cams here Chuck; I am married to a woman but not to a camera and neither in love with any cam ).

Dress; At places in my country she sometimes dresses like this..

But when in Montreux...

In the Emirates, mostly the same as back home..

But you cannot be trekking and climbing near Chamonix with that dress; so..

Once in a while we meet in the plains ( she is usually up in the mountains ), we dress very informally...

And when the TV folks want to film in my house..

I certainly do not find all this bizarre.:D

Take care Chuck and my best to you and yours.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Rayyan, she looks to be a true woman of mystery & imagination. And clearly she is a wonderful companion. My friend, you are a very lucky and truly blessed man.

I hope you have a station wagon for travel, given the luggage needs to hold all of those different changes of clothes! :eek:

I too am a very lucky man. My wife has many talents, not the least of which is the ability to put up with an old curmudgeon like me. Here are a few of her & her rock band I shot with my X-E1 w/35 f/1.4 wide open at her last gig. This is one of currently three bands she plays in, so bizarre is a common household event around here :grin: The grandchildren delight in telling all their friends that their grandmother plays bass and sings in a rock band.

rayyan

Rayyan, she looks to be a true woman of mystery & imagination. And clearly she is a wonderful companion. My friend, you are a very lucky and truly blessed man.

I hope you have a station wagon for travel, given the luggage needs to hold all of those different changes of clothes! :eek:

I too am a very lucky man. My wife has many talents, not the least of which is the ability to put up with an old curmudgeon like me. Here are a few of her & her rock band I shot with my X-E1 w/35 f/1.4 wide open at her last gig. This is one of currently three bands she plays in, so bizarre is a common household event around here :grin: The grandchildren delight in telling all their friends that their grandmother plays bass and sings in a rock band.
Chuck, those are wonderful images. I am sure the kids must be thrilled indeed.:thumbs:

Yes my friend, we both are indeed blessed.
To have somebody to share our lives with and return home to.

Ayesha and I wish you both the best for now and the future.

Warmest regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member

14mm on EX-1...whattalens! The four color images were shot with the macro switch on and the camera/lens held around +/- 7" from the subject...

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member

14mm/XE-1...whattalens! Turbulent skies over my neck of the woods.
1st two: 8 AM...eastern sky. 2nd two: 3PM...western sky.
Black specks in the center of cloud in pic #4 are circling turkey buzzards.

Last edited:

Lloyd

White River canyon, northeastern Utah, near the Colorado border. At this point in the River, just below the centerline of the image, was the historic White River Ferry, which connected the mining district to the South (right, in this image) to the populated area about 40 miles to the North.

18-55 @46mm f6.4, Processed in Lightroom 5:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thank you. I am very impressed with it as well, William. I find that I default to Lightroom a lot, just because of familiarity with the software, but in many ways, Capture One is far superior. I find that in most instances it seems like it gives me significantly greater dynamic range.

emmawest72

Thank you. I am very impressed with it as well, William. I find that I default to Lightroom a lot, just because of familiarity with the software, but in many ways, Capture One is far superior. I find that in most instances it seems like it gives me significantly greater dynamic range.
I have been using LR for quite some time but today I use mostly C1P with my Nikon or Fuji cams. Excellent color and dynamic range is great too. So far very happy :)