The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

thanks for posting these Jim, they all look great...did you do much to the jpegs in LR?

Personally more interested in the xm1 for the tilt lcd, but wish it also had an evf or ovf.

Jim, I just love the detail and color you show here. I've also seen some of your pentax night shots lately. Excellent.

Thanks.
Thanks, not much post work was needed.. and the JPGs are just stunning in IQ, color and details.

An articulated LCD on the X-E2 would truly be icing on the cake.. so many times I need to shoot high or low and that tilt screen would really help in those situations.

Next time I head out to do some night work I am taking the X-E2. There is really no reason it should not perform well. I've just not done it.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Using the 18-55/XE-1: experimenting with the macro option. I'll tell you right up front that this lens does not compare with the up close marvels of the 14mm and the 35/1.4 (see earlier posts)...but...nice and sharp nonetheless.

Last edited:

Am I the only one with this camera? If you've got the X-E2, let's see your photos.. post them here.

Here's a couple I took on my long lunch break in a western furniture and decor store in Fort Worth, Texas today.

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

I had a play with the XE2 and while it is an improvement over the XE1, I still find AF much slower as on the Olympus EM1.

Not even to speak about the quality of the EVF, which IMHO is to date by far the best in the EM1 - there are light-years between!

retow

I had a play with the XE2 and while it is an improvement over the XE1, I still find AF much slower as on the Olympus EM1.

Not even to speak about the quality of the EVF, which IMHO is to date by far the best in the EM1 - there are light-years between!
Maybe, but depending on ones definition of light years, one might say the same about the difference in IQ. Jim`s shot with the blue sky is impressive. MFT blue sky shots at base iso still show too much noise in comparison, light years behind from what I see here from the Fuji (I`m in the mft camp as well with the Pana GX7).

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Maybe, but depending on ones definition of light years, one might say the same about the difference in IQ. Jim`s shot with the blue sky is impressive. MFT blue sky shots at base iso still show too much noise in comparison, light years behind from what I see here from the Fuji (I`m in the mft camp as well with the Pana GX7).
I absolutely cannot second this. I did intensive comparisons between Fuji (XPro1) and Olympus EM5 some months ago and with proper settings in Aperture and/or LR there are almost no differences, especially with noise at base ISO. I would even judge the IQ the other way round, now I shoot the EM1, which is clearly another step over he EM5. But I do not know about Panasonic and how they handle base ISO noise.

Finally for me all the IQ talks and advertisements about Fuji's advantage turned out to dissolve completely - at least what I could see and judge from my own experiences. Both are great systems, but with the current generation of sensors available in the Olympus m43 cameras I do not see real differences - at least not up to ISO3200. Maybe above Fuji has a slight edge, but even in these areas the new EM1 is a masterpiece.

PLUS - m43 is finally much smaller if one compares a reasonable system.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I bought the X-E2 and took it out to my favorite auto graveyard to play with it this afternoon.

...the EVF is soo much better than the one in my X-Pro 1.

Speaking of which, it is boxed up and ready for Craig's List.
So you are keeping the X-E2 and dropping the X-Pro 1 ... will you go to the X-Pro 2 if the IQ and EVF match the X-E2?

I assume you picked up the X-E2 at Arlington Camera/DFW Expo?

I bought their K-3 based on your K-5 IIS posts and your Boxed Light galleries...and am seriously thinking of adding an X-E2 after seeing these pics.

Regards,

Bob

So you are keeping the X-E2 and dropping the X-Pro 1 ... will you go to the X-Pro 2 if the IQ and EVF match the X-E2?

I assume you picked up the X-E2 at Arlington Camera/DFW Expo?

I bought their K-3 based on your K-5 IIS posts and your Boxed Light galleries...and am seriously thinking of adding an X-E2 after seeing these pics.

Regards,

Bob
Bob, yes. I am dropping the X-Pro 1. No, I will not go to the X-Pro 2 if the IQ and EVF match the X-E2 because there would be nothing gained. If it far exceeds the X-E2 that may be another story.

Yes, bought it at the DFW Expo... they had one black body only.

The K5 IIs is a keeper. I use it for different purposes.

The X-E2 has one thing the K5 IIs and the X-Pro 1 do not have... WYSIWYG in the viewfinder.. that makes a tremendous difference when you are shooting and that, to me, is reason alone to get the X-E2. No more guessing about - or + EV.. you see it, you shoot it, you get it.... Just the feature I wanted.

JimGoshorn

Am I the only one with this camera? If you've got the X-E2, let's see your photos.. post them here.
I'm supposed to be first on the list at the store where I ordered it but so far no black bodies have come in yet. I was told maybe around Thanksgiving…

Jim

rayyan

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

Went around my house and neighborhood with the cam doing its thing. Just wanted to get to know what and how it does.

They are replacing our older fibre optic cable with a super duper one. Hence the diggings..

Around the public garden and playground..

Sapphie

Hestercombe Gardens, Somerset, UK. All with Fuji 60mm, most at ISO 800.
Minimal processing in Photo Ninja, most using 'Scenic' preset:

Lee

Skydawg

Jim Radcliffe,
Too many Jims. I am interested in your default jpg settings. Would you share that? Are you using a specific fuji film type and with what variations?
Thanks,
John

Jim Radcliffe,
Too many Jims. I am interested in your default jpg settings. Would you share that? Are you using a specific fuji film type and with what variations?
Thanks,
John
I am using the camera defaults: RAW + JPG Fine
I also use Velvia and Provia

Always use aperture priority and manually adjust the aperture to get what I like int he EVF or LCD.

Skydawg

Defaults on the velvia, Povia? Color, Hilites, shadows etc. DR set or auto. Post process secret sauce?