The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Here's what the old building looks like during the day..

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the old building in daylight. We arrived just before sundown but due to cloud cover to the west there was not much of a golden hour. You can clearly see the petrified wood in this shot.

AlanS

I did some longish (30s) exposure testing this morning as this was one of the reasons I wanted this system (to complement my Imacon 528C back) as well as do the normal holiday/walk around duties. Quite pleased with the results:)

Elliot

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

The petrified wood brings back memories of visiting the Petrified Forest National Park a few decades ago (probably in the 1970s). It was really amazing to see all the different manifestations.

Portrait in a hotel atrium

This was taken today during a lunch break at a conference our company was putting on. The subject is Keith, the Executive VP of the company and the guy who shoots with me most of the time. He is Cajun and a Canon user... but don't hold that against him.... the Canon part that is.

35mm 1/60s f/1.4 ISO 200

bensonga

One of my first shots with the X-Pro1. Shot today with the 35mm f1.4 lens.

A wonderful lens on a very special camera.

Gary

Red building on 6th Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska.

w44neg

I just read this thread from beginning to end. All 44 pages of it! It was definitely worth it though, as some of the photos are stunning and the odd one is astounding. Some of the skills shown are more than impressive.

I pick up an XP1 tomorrow. It's an old camera now but the new lenses have made it a very viable proposition, and the great deals are even more tasty. Can't wait!

bensonga

While the XPro1 has been out for quite awhile, Fuji keeps updating the firmware in a process of "continuous improvement", just as they have with the original X100, even though that camera is a discontinued model. That is one reason I decided to get the XPro1 now, rather than wait for an XPro2 in the indefinite future. The rebates on the camera and lenses made the decision even easier! :D

Gary

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I agree with Gary in that the XPro-1 has been around for a while but in most aspects the additional firmware updates for focus peak and AF improvements make it as current as the latest X-E2. The optical hybrid finder is a nice feature and the image quality is essentially identical to all the newer cameras.

w44neg

While the XPro1 has been out for quite awhile, Fuji keeps updating the firmware in a process of "continuous improvement", just as they have with the original X100, even though that camera is a discontinued model. That is one reason I decided to get the XPro1 now, rather than wait for an XPro2 in the indefinite future. The rebates on the camera and lenses made the decision even easier! :D

Gary
I agree with Gary in that the XPro-1 has been around for a while but in most aspects the additional firmware updates for focus peak and AF improvements make it as current as the latest X-E2. The optical hybrid finder is a nice feature and the image quality is essentially identical to all the newer cameras.
Very good to hear, and I was pleased to see focus peaking is one of the new features. I disliked the A7r but liked that particular feature of it a lot.

Fuji seem to be very customer-orientated as not many brands listen to their target market like they appear to.

Nathan W. Lediard

Fun with Fuji x-pro1... well even if i didn't take this shot with the x-Pro1 I was having fun with it... A Fuji Canon Shootout... and as in all good shoot outs the good guy is outnumbered.. ;)

(Shot with iPhone, processed with PS on mobile) :D

Sharokin

I was at Samy's camera yesterday and was told by a Fuji rep that the X1 Pro would drop to $799 starting tomorrow along with a lot of lens rebates. Anyone else heard the same?

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks very much Lloyd.
I am wondering if it might be good idea to have a "more fun with Fuji X" than all the fragmented threads for this or that model? There is not that much traffic here and it might stimulate a few more pictures, any thoughts anyone?
Alan...I completely agree with you. I remember I had a similar comment once in the XE-1 forum. I like the idea of "Fun with Nikon images" or "Fun with MF images" better. It's very funny as 2 people who supported my comment were the same, Graham and Lloyd :)

Fuji is even very obvious. How can people make different images with the same sensors XP1, XE1, XE2, XT1 etc.?

I can't even make different images with either the Fuji XE1 or IQ260.

I come to GetDPI mainly to look at wonderful images from many talented photographers here. It will save me lots of time if the images are in as few places as possible.

Thanks,

Pramote

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Fuji XPro1

+1 again Pramote.

Let's ask Bob or one of the other mods to consolidate the threads. It would be much cleaner.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
@ Alan, Pramote, Graham: It's done ;)

PS: Generally speaking we prefer this form of thread organization too, as it makes it easier for folks to compare and learn about older and newer models side-by-side. So as you see any new "fun with" threads arise, ask yourself if it could be better served merged with an existing, and then drop us a PM or report the post as Graham did.

Thanks guys,