The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
. . I don't think there is much difference between the images created by the X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1. The differences between these cameras are more operational, than image quality etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary
Don't forget the X-M1 :)
X-M1 with 27mm f2.8

Keith

Last edited:

scho

A shot in a fabric store with the X100S. Raw converted in ACR 8.4 RC using the new velvia vivid camera profile.

MontyMo

Well, I've entered the word of a non-Nikon camera. I have a Nikon D800. I wanted to give a mirror less camera a try. After much deliberation I settled on a Fuji X100S. I'm generally happy with it. It is so tiny. :)

The menus and controls are driving me nuts. In particular, I am tying to lock the "Command Lock" (Page 4 in the manual) Whenever I press the Menu/OK I go to the shooting menu or the playback menu.

Whatever, that is not why I am posting. I'm happy with the image quality. I'm sure the menus and controls will become 2nd nature :) I wanted to share a photograph I took on the day I got the camera.

This is from my daily stroll through the shot at work.

Monty

tbhv55

The menus and controls are driving me nuts. In particular, I am tying to lock the "Command Lock" (Page 4 in the manual) Whenever I press the Menu/OK I go to the shooting menu or the playback menu.
Are you aware that you need to press and HOLD the Menu/OK button (for about 3 seconds) in order to lock the command dial? Hope this helps.

Nice B&W shot BTW... straight OOC, or processed?

krist8

Foggy shot from a couple of weeks ago.

Colour or B&W?

Both print great on exhibition fibre at 16" tall.

View attachment 80013

View attachment 80014

e2 iso200 1/125th f20 18-55 @ 55mm

Let my web page die a couple years ago, what are you guys using to host your images nowadays? Would love to have images post larger on the page.
Great shots. I use Gallery3. It has never failed on me, only my debian linux gives me problem from time to time. You can have a choice of image size when viewing, unlike wordpress.

jonoslack

Well, I picked up my X-T1 today
Here are 3 shots on the way back to the car (all with the kit zoom)

Reach for the sky

Bokeh

Which way now!

Braeside

Jono, the 18-55mm is my main travel lens on the Fuji X-Pro 1, I love it. Hope you do too.

Just took advantage of the £300 cash back for ordering 2 lenses, the 23mm which I have been wanting for a long time, and the 55-200mm as I need a longer zoom at times esp now the Panasonic 35-100mm is going.

jonoslack

Jono, the 18-55mm is my main travel lens on the Fuji X-Pro 1, I love it. Hope you do too.

Just took advantage of the £300 cash back for ordering 2 lenses, the 23mm which I have been wanting for a long time, and the 55-200mm as I need a longer zoom at times esp now the Panasonic 35-100mm is going.
Hi David
The Olympus 12-40 sets high standards, but my initial impression on the 18-55 is definitely positive.

I've just got the one lens for now - but if I like the camera I'll probably get the macro and the 55-200 - primes are for the Leica!

Braeside

Hi Jono, I do have a few MF primes Leica and Zeiss but use them on my poor man's Leica the Ricoh GXR these days, however I do like the Fuji AF primes on the Fuji X, they are good value for money and the physically smaller ones like the 18 and the 27(which I don't have) go with the XP1 nicely, especially if the hoods are removed. I ditched the 18-55 hood, just put on a screw in RF style hood to give protection from knocks on the front element, and use the Fuji lens cap in the bag.

Thoughts on the grip please? I confess to liking the OMD-EM5 better when I put on the battery grip, despite making it so much larger. I use a Garix case on the XP1 to give more depth to get hold of. Have ordered the new Fuji grip for the XP1 to see how that works out.
Once a camera gets above a certain size, I can't put it in my pocket, so if matters little if it is bigger and benefits me for more comfortable holding. My main constraint is weight, given my back problems. Fortunately I do this as a hobby...

Anyway, now my Olympus m4/3 equipment has gone, I will be looking at the XT1, not immediately, but once I can see me being physically able to make good use of it and do a bit of travelling. Got to have some aims and things to look forward to.

In the meantime I will continue to enjoy the stuff written and the photos shown on this site.

Thanks all.