The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Gosh, thanks for that Jim. Made my day coming from you as the reality is I see your stuff as my ongoing inspiration.

Phew, chuffed now believe me.
Well, thanks.. but those shots of yours are the kind of shots I wish I could produce.. that first shot in particular just grabbed me.. I literally said: WOW when I viewed it.

Clarity, detail, atmosphere, composition... it's all there. You should be very proud of that series.

Jim

JMaher

ReeRay,

I have to agree with Jim. Your work is excellent. I looked at your Flicker site and there seems to be a richness to all the photos regardless of the camera used. If I might ask, do you do an special processing on all your files to achieve the deep color?

Jim

Nathan W. Lediard

Spent Sunday refilling my creative batteries for the coming portrait season... Did a workshop together with four other pros with Damien Lovegrove. Great to get away from the studio and spend the day exchanging ideas, learning new tricks and getting some inspiration.. I had my hassy with me, but I used my Fuji about 90% of the time...
I borrowed Damiens 56 1.2 for this shot.. Shot on my X-Pro1

Nathan W. Lediard

That last one is excellent Nathan :thumbup:
Thanks Alan! The light was fantastic that afternoon, low sun, NO SNOW! (reminded me of England) with just the right amount of haze... and I have to say I am absolutely in love with the 23mm... this was shot at f2 by the way.

ReeRay

ReeRay,

I have to agree with Jim. Your work is excellent. I looked at your Flicker site and there seems to be a richness to all the photos regardless of the camera used. If I might ask, do you do an special processing on all your files to achieve the deep color?

Jim
Hi Jim

I use Capture One as my RAW processor and boost the black point, contrast and clarity to taste, usually leaning towards "heavy". Then into the Niks Suite of plugins, mainly Analog Efex Pro. Using the "Basic adjustment" I pull out detail and adjust contrast and saturation. Then into Color Efex Pro where most of my work is done. There are so many filters there but my favorites are Midnight and Pro Contrast. The Midnight filter is highly adjustable and this is where the deep colours come from.

Hope this helps a little.

Ray