The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Blind Freakin' Luck... Double Rainbow with the X-T1

A storm system passed through the subdivision I live in this evening. I glanced out the door of my patio and saw this perfect rainbow.. then noticed it was a double rainbow but fading fast.

I ran upstairs to grab my XT1 and took this shot using the 18-55. It wasn't wide enough to get the entire rainbow so I decided to take three shots (handheld) beginning at the left of the rainbow and then stitched them together to produce this shot.

I could kick myself because the ISO was set at 1250. I shot this at 1/1000 of a second. Velvia setting.. but it is what it is. On a day when I thought I would get no photos at all due to the weather I end up with this.

A few minutes later it was gone and the sun had moved behind a cloud to the west.

Fuji X-T1 - 18-55mm ISO 1250 f/3.6 1/1000 sec

Elusivesouls

Had a Father and Son day recently with my 5 year old at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. It was a lot of fun. It was great to spend some time with my boy just me and him, and the weather was fantastic. Cloudy and 70 degrees roughly. For any one who knows NOLA, that's unusual and highly enjoyable compared to the 95+ and high humidity. Both of these are shot with the X-T1 and 55-200mm.

Even the animals seemed to enjoy it. The Jaguar was quite excited while I watched him. He had only just laid down after chasing a playmate through the enclosure. They were both very playful that day - this one darted up a huge log and then came to rest on this platform about a story above the ground. He sat there, curiously watching the surrounding area, and breathing heavily from his recent chase.

Jaguar by Elusivesouls, on Flickr

The expression on the Gorilla's face seems to be one of sadness, which to me is only exacerbated by the chains near his head. He was peaceful, quiet, and sat motionless the entire time I watched him.

Gorilla by Elusivesouls, on Flickr

Nathan W. Lediard

havnt used capture1 since version5 and since it doesnt support hasselblad files it doesnt make sense in my workflow... but I thought I wouldgive it a try on my Fuji files and see what everyone is raving about... :)
The workflow sucks if you are a lightroom maniac like me, but one thing really stands out... the sharpening algorithm is much much better for the x-trans files...
The colour is slightly different, and I can see that in some cases I would prefer lightroom and others C17.. On the whole I think i will be sticking to lightroom, but maybe I will upgrade my old C1 so that I can have another tool in the box for those files that give me trouble in lightroom.. (not many by the way)
Another thing I like is the black and white... I always liked C1's black and white conversions.. :)

Fuji X-pro1 35mm f1.4

scho

A few shots with the X100s taken on a recent trip to Guatemala. Last two shots with the Nokia 1020.

Village of Livingston near mouth of Rio Dulce

Traveling up the Rio Dulce

Heliconia in jungle near Ak'Tenamit

Ak'Tenamit community kitchen

Ak'Tenamit classroom

scho

Two B&W images from X100s files taken in Guatemala and Roatán.

Roatán Botanical Garden guide, AccuRaw Monochrome beta2 raw conversion.

Fisherman on Rio Dulce, Guatemala, SEP2 conversion