The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

Ashwin, is there any lens you don't have?:)

I agree the Fujinon 55-200mm zoom is very sharp, I have no hesitation using it wide open and the OIS is super too. Actually on the X-T1 with the focus check magnification on and continuous IS it makes a great substitute for a stabilised monocular, looking through the EVF.

Nathan W. Lediard

Talking of the 55-200....
My wife is studying at uni to become a teacher, with arts and crafts as her specialty... so she has just knitted this hat and needed some pics for her folder... so a quick fotoshoot in the garden...

Pretty sharp wide open but stopped down just a nadgers it really shines....
X-Pro1, 55-200 wide open 200mm iso800

same again but stopped down to f6.4

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

and whilst eating breakfast this morning a Woodpecker popped by outside the window... x-Pro1 55-200 200mm wide open 1/200 iso 800 and shot through tripleglazing with winter grime... not bad!
(shot before enough coffee so my brain still thought it was 2013... hence the wrong date on the sig...)

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Driving home from a commercial shoot today I had to stop the van and pull out my always with me X-Pro1 and the 23mm f1.4
(thats my house on the right :) )
ISO 640, f10 1/550

ashwinrao1

Mike, Steve, it's beginning to feel like the Leica forum here haha....great to see your stuff, and Steve, I agree with Mike that your work with the 56 shines!

Nathan W. Lediard

I have a thing about roads... (The biker in me just cant help it) So shot this on my way one from one shoot to the next today...
X-Pro1 55-200 @55 f9 iso 400 1/180 polarising filter... developed in Aperture for a change... I swapped from Aperture to Lightroom i 2009, and never looked back.. seeing as 99% of my paid work includes people then I dont see any issues with lightroom's treatment of x-trans files... but on shots with lots of microdetails lightroom is sometimes wanting...