The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Macro fun with a lens from 1967 and the X-T1

I put this lens on the X-T1 today just to try a test shot at the office. I paid $15 for it at a camera show flea-market about 4 years ago. Not bad for a lens made in 1967. The X-T1 focus peaking makes critical focus so much easier. I'll have to try this again with focus stacking and see how it looks. It's pretty obvious the focus point was on the H. Could have stopped down a bit more if there had been more light in the office.

This is not a crop.. just re-sized for the web. You can still find these lenses on ebay but the price has gone up quite a bit since legacy glass is once again being used on modern cameras like the X-T1 and M43 systems.

Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm F3.5 Macro On the X-T1

greypilgrim

Re: Macro fun with a lens from 1967 and the X-T1

I put this lens on the X-T1 today just to try a test shot at the office. I paid $15 for it at a camera show flea-market about 4 years ago. Not bad for a lens made in 1967. The X-T1 focus peaking makes critical focus so much easier. I'll have to try this again with focus stacking and see how it looks. It's pretty obvious the focus point was on the H. Could have stopped down a bit more if there had been more light in the office.

This is not a crop.. just re-sized for the web. You can still find these lenses on ebay but the price has gone up quite a bit since legacy glass is once again being used on modern cameras like the X-T1 and M43 systems.

Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm F3.5 Macro On the X-T1
Looks like a nice lens.

The ability to use these on m43 and Fuji X is the main reason I have been having fun using my legacy macros again. They were really languishing given the not made for manual focusing screens of modern Nikons.

Doug

etrigan63

Well, my X-T1 finally arrived and Carl Zeiss was gracious enough to loan me a Touit 12mm f/2.8 lens for three weeks. Went out for a stroll during the blue hour and here's what I found:

Lloyd

XT-1, 55-200mm

My nephew, one of the top baseball prospects in the state. (Sadly, I had to shoot through the chain link fence.)

rayyan

Lloyd, maybe a bit belated but congrats for the XT-1. I am so glad to see you posting again.

Have missed your pic posts.

Kindest regards.

rayyan

Folks, thanks for the ' likes '.

On the island we were on, there was nothing but mostly the sea!!

and the sky.:D

Not a Glamour Shot: Girl with Rat X-T1 & 56mm

Had to go to Petsmart tonight to pick up some pet supplies for the cats and stumbled upon this associate in the store with an unusual adornment on her head. Terrible store lighting but worth the shot anyway. A little more depth of field would have been better but just got the 56 so I had to shoot it wide open. Sent copies to her.