The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Jim

I was there last week. The challenge I think is 1) finding the correct turn off, 2) walking off into the wilderness to find the interesting hoodoos which definitely are nowhere near the parking location.

Laurent Martres gives some info in his Photographing the Southwest vol 3
Graham, I do have some annotated maps.. the Wings and Hoodoos are in an area that is quite distant from the parking. I have GPS coordinates and will try to find my way to those areas... it will be fun, no matter what the outcome (short of being snake bit).. or falling down a ravine. :)

Nathan W. Lediard

As a professionell photographer I certainly didnt get into the X-system for gimmicky camera functions, I like the back to basics approach and not least the optics and the quailty of file the cameras produce. Combine this with the form factor and weight makes this system the perfect compliment to my Hasselblad MFD system and just perfect for personal work and family stuff where before I would be lugging a big Canon around.. That said, with the X-T1 there are a few fun filters and my first thought was well thats one function I will never use... well I just proved myself wrong :D I can see this being useful for weddings, bouquet pics amongst other things... and even better, straight out of camera no layers in photoshop... Here I used the double exposure function and using an old technique from film days I took one pic in focus and then the second exposure is the same scene but with focus set to infinity and the camera moved in real close and arranged to get some glorious bokeh... as a bonus you get this soft focus glow almost halation effect...

X-T1 + 35mm

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Here the same technique, but didnt move the camera, just one shot in focus and the next out.. shot with canon FD 100mm f2 wide open via an adapter.. also shot last night under tungsten lighting whereas the other was shot just now with diffuse window light...

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Got the flu, piddling down with rain outside.. what else to but play some... er, I mean experiment with potentially financially rewarding techniques... ;)

Here I used a blurred shot of the tulips from above and with a goodly portion of positive exposure comp on shot two I got it to almost look like a low sun contra jour shot... (trust me it anything but sunny here right now)

X-T1 and FD100f2

scho

X100s
SEP2 B&W conversion and warm/neutral split toned in LR

Sun was out, but with the wind tunneling down through the gorge this was not the best spot to "chill".

MCTuomey

@Nathan - very fine portrait, liking the conversion a lot
@Mike - very nice, but are these certified smearing- and artifact-free landscapes? ;)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Finally sunny Easter again ....

all with XE2 and 18-55

and she enjoys it as well

Last edited:

Mike Woods

Having recently moved from the Oly E-5 to the Fuji, this is one of the images that confirms to me it was the right choice; ISO 400, lots of PP in terms of shadow adjustment, and the file holds up really well.

XT-1 and kit lens:

Mike

MCTuomey

Apologies, Mike, if you mentioned this before, but what does your workflow & pp look like for this file? Not looking for a recipe, slider by slider detail. Just the bigger flow and apps you use. TIA.