The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-T1 in The Bisti Wilderness, New Mexico

A friend and I spent an afternoon hiking into the Bisti Wilderness in New Mexico. We actually entered late in the afternoon and had we not had a GPS with us we probably would not have found our way out of that maze until the sun came up the next day. When we finally turned around to make our way out it was completely dark, no moon, no stars.

The sad thing is that we never reached the area we wanted to photograph (with towering Hoodos and Wings)... Next trip we'll get an earlier start.

There are no trails, no signs, no park rangers... in fact we never ran into another soul during the hike in or out. They call this area The Badlands with good reason. Here's a few of a hauntingly beautiful place just at sunset.

If you have seen the SciFi Move "Pitch Black" then you will have an idea of what this area looked like.

All taken with the X-T1 and 18-55mm

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-T1 - Wood Texture

Some wood sitting on my patio waiting for me to take sandpaper to it to polish and finish... yes, I polish found wood, driftwood, deadwood, etc.. it's what I do when I can't do photography.. gotta keep busy somehow.

X-T1 and Minolta Rokkor Macro - Where snails go to die.

These small snail shells are smaller than the tip of your little finger. I shot them on wet sandstone with the X-T1 and the Minolta Rokkor Macro by a small fountain on my patio during the Golden Hour.

Focus peaking make macro work so much easier, especially when using old legacy lenses.