The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

On my home from a 12 hour day of photoshoots I was greeted by this sight, I dont do landscapes, but this was enough make me stop the van and pull out a camera... (even after a loooong day of shooting) X-T1 55-200 @ 55mm f11 Velvia film simulation jpeg! (tweaked a tiny bit in lightroom)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nathan,

The question is just how hard did you hit the brakes and did you back up for the shot? :grin:

On my home from a 12 hour day of photoshoots I was greeted by this sight, I dont do landscapes, but this was enough make me stop the van and pull out a camera... (even after a loooong day of shooting) X-T1 55-200 @ 55mm f11 Velvia film simulation jpeg! (tweaked a tiny bit in lightroom)

A Road Runs Through It - X-T1 & 18-55mm

Taken near Monument Valley in early morning light.. which is quite amazing in color and saturation.

Juniper Tree - Monument Valley

This is another shot of a Juniper Tree.. similar to one I posted several weeks ago.

I finally had a little free time to work on this photo I took in Monument Valley. While most people were taking photos of the buttes and wide vistas I thought I would shoot something that was living in this harsh environment.

Shot with the Fuji X-T1 and 18-55mm kit lens. Post in Lightroom and final tweaks in Photoshop CS6. Oh, shot as JPG. Still not using RAW for the X-T1... or any of my X cameras.

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Today the King of Norway came to Surnadal... at the end of a long day of photographing the event I was lucky enough to be invited onto the royal yacht to photograph the guests arriving for a dinner on the yacht... We were ferried to and from the yacht in grand style... Here is one of my fave shots of the day...
X-T1 and the 10-24

A Road That Goes Forever..

Everyone takes the shot of the road going into Monument Valley. Yeah, I shot that as well... but here is a shot of the road leading out of Monument Valley and it goes forever... Nathan you ought to like this one.

Sunset in the Bisti Wilderness

I arrived late and did not have enough time to explore during daylight hours to find that "perfect" location. As the sun began to set I figured I might as well shoot what was before me rather than search for a better place to shoot. The bird in the hand was chosen rather than the two in the bush. Next time I will spend the day exploring and marking locations to be better prepared.

You can read more about the Bisti Wilderness here.

Fuji X-T1 and 18-55mm