The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

What if there were no roads in Monument Valley?

I was looking through some of the photos I took while in Monument Valley and began thinking about how it would look if there were no roads. There is a winding road that runs through the valley. It is constantly traveled by tourist in their own cars as well as "tour trucks". Since I was bored tonight and nothing interesting was on TV I decided to roll the clock back a hundred years or so (via Photoshop) and take those roads and tourist out of the picture.

The original photo was taken with the Fuji X-T1 and the 18-55mm

I forgot to add the original... so here it is....

Last edited:
J

JohnW

A few from this week. X-Pro1 | XF35 & Voigtlander 25 - John

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Been incredibly busy these last few weeks... Its high season and I am fully booked... The X-T1 has been given a real work out lately and the fujis have 100% replaced the canons as system number two with the Hassy...
Here is one from a recent family shoot...
X-T1 XF23mm1.4R Profoto flash

MCTuomey

sweet work, Nathan. the "dragan" pp looks great with the tractor. what a range: tractor-grit to sound of music to high techno-nerd! (when i grow up i want profoto lighting, and to be able to use it like you do.)

Nathan W. Lediard

sweet work, Nathan. the "dragan" pp looks great with the tractor. what a range: tractor-grit to sound of music to high techno-nerd! (when i grow up i want profoto lighting, and to be able to use it like you do.)
Thanks Mike :) I love the profoto lighting, yes its expensive but its a joy to work with and the modifiers are fantastic!
Not sure what "Dragan" is... just used lightroom with a slight de-sat and and a boost in mid-range contrast with curves and the clarity slider :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nathan,

I think you're showing that using great lighting properly really makes any camera, including the Fuji sing.

With the prophotos are you using the hot flash sync with remote or sync cable? I've found the hot shoe unreliable with even dedicated Fuji flashes and cables and so I've been looking and going full time via the sync cable with my radio remotes.

Nathan W. Lediard

Thanks Graham.. I totally agree... its the light that is most important :)

I am using Profoto Air triggers and they fire flawlessly :) I have now replaved all my pocket wizards with them. On my older packs without air support I use a short sync cable between a air tranceiver and the pack. But on the camera, no sync cables, the air triggers just work :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Nathan - good to know. Last time I tried it was out in the field and tried my Fuji flashes (which work great on the X-Pro1 & XE-1/2) both in the hot shoe and via cables. Neither worked. Remote actuation via the tiny Fuji flash with X-T1 worked but even using my colleagues Nikon's in manual mode would not work off the X-T1 via cable or direct - only remote flash triggered. On that day I resorted to using my X-E2 which worked perfectly.

Moral of the story - try out the setup and use of your gear with your new cameras, even those from the same manufacturer. I'm sure that it all works - when you've got time to work through the problem and the ambient light isn't fading while you're trying to get the shot!