The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-T1 visits a couple of Ghosts

Here are two from Friday night... clear sky and a bright moon. The first is of an old pasenger plane that sits abandoned in a field near Paris, Texas. The only light was from the moon and a distant mercury vapor security light.

The second is the only remaining structure in the town of Bug Tussle, Texas. I lit the front of the old buildng with a couple of my Amber LED boxes dialed down to low power. I had them placed in the rafters of the front porch.

Both were shot with the X-T1 and the 18-55mm lens. ISO 800 Exposure was 20 seconds for the plane and 13 seconds for the building.

Grounded - Ghost Plane

Bug Tussle, Texas - Ghost Town

Nathan W. Lediard

From a recent shoot.... The national dress is VERY expensive and this kind of shoot just does not happen.. but I got lucky... the ywanted pics of her on her horse and th ewhole skirt was just covered inhorsehair and dust when we were done so it had to be sent to the cleaners anyhow... well when they said that I just had to share my idea.. and they went for it..
X-pro 1 and the 23mm

rayyan

Thanks Alan.:)

While waiting for that extremely tiring ad from Canon to lead to something, and in between snoozes, I once again put the ' pleasure to hold ' XT-1 to some low light testing with the Fuji 60 mm macro. Not really known for blazing fast focussing speeds. Sometimes as slow as that Canon whimper today..

In no particular order of significance and/or merit..

These are untouched jpg SOOC and resized for the web.

Hang on, I had lots of time waiting; so many more to come:eek:

rayyan

I am glad I hung on to my M8. Knew it would come in handy for something or the other..

BTW, not only have I talked my wife to use ' all auto ', I too use it all the time.
Real time saver...

No, I love my M8s. So some more..

For old times sake..

rayyan

I even tried changing the angles I was pointing my lens at. It groaned, went back and forth. My hands were getting tired.

It locked on. To something.

Now I was getting impatient. One last attempt, before I check what Canon might be bringing that is so impossible for others..

Good, the 60mm locked on to the XE-1, no less.

Elliot

Re: X-T1 visits a couple of Ghosts

Here are two from Friday night... clear sky and a bright moon. The first is of an old pasenger plane that sits abandoned in a field near Paris, Texas. The only light was from the moon and a distant mercury vapor security light.

The second is the only remaining structure in the town of Bug Tussle, Texas. I lit the front of the old buildng with a couple of my Amber LED boxes dialed down to low power. I had them placed in the rafters of the front porch.

Both were shot with the X-T1 and the 18-55mm lens. ISO 800 Exposure was 20 seconds for the plane and 13 seconds for the building.

Grounded - Ghost Plane

Bug Tussle, Texas - Ghost Town

Great lighting and composition for both photographs. You also find these wonderful sites, such as Bug Tussle, as subjects! It is impressive what you can achieve with the X-T1 and 18-55 kit lens.

kweide

I took the chance and added an Fuji X-E2 to my Oly stuff and i am really surprised on how good the results come out of tis little gem. 14 bit Raws ....first pictures later ...