The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Hi Mike..

I am comparing these shots with those you posted earlier with the Elmarit-M 90mm.

I prefer the 90mm ones, for their sharpness and lovely smooth tonality. Maybe the processing or the lux has this effect.

Best.

XT-1 / 50mm Summilux

Mike

rayyan

I have been trying to be an impartial judge of which of my 3 cams I would take as I hurried out of the door.

Repeatedly, it is the Fuji XT1. Seems photogs have been heavily involved in designing that cam. I have to add that this choice is made amongst three that I have. The M, I have used extensively, the Df is a very recent addition, and the XT! has clocked a lot of mileage in the short time it has been with me.

Just love to pick it up and shoot something.

Mike Woods

Hi Rayyan, glad to see you here with the XT-1 :D

You may be right, but neither my subject matter or my processing tends to be very consistent.....so for me I find it difficult to tell them apart, ignoring focal length :)

Best

Mike

Hi Mike..

I am comparing these shots with those you posted earlier with the Elmarit-M 90mm.

I prefer the 90mm ones, for their sharpness and lovely smooth tonality. Maybe the processing or the lux has this effect.

Best.

Nathan W. Lediard

Recently had a commercial shoot for a haulage company and I shot off a few frames of the driver at the end... I often do this, it costs me very little but is always appreciated and its damn good PR! :D
X-T1 56mm profoto with magnum reflector

rayyan

Thanks folks for the ' likes '..

Ronald ( and others ) seeing that a lot of you guys are posting wonderful scenic images, with lots of foliage, I was wondering about the so called ' painterly and smudging ' effects produced by the x-trans sensor.

My question ( actually two )... Has anyone been bothered or encountered such effects in the normal course of your shooting?.

Next, I am not a wa shooter, but once in a while and for scenic and close in images it would come in handy. Which one lens would you recommend for me. The 10-24 Fuji zoom or the 14mm prime.

p.s and another one...85/1.4 on 35mm ff or the Fuji 56/1.2, in terms of rendering.

Thank you.

RonSmith

Thanks Rayyan! I don't really see the "water-color" problem much. I do find that Photo Ninja is a bit better than ACR for bringing out detail in landscape shots from the Fuji RAW files, however I prefer ACR for skin tones in portraits.

I haven't tried the 10-24 yet, but hear it's quite good.

The 14 is amazing.

Lloyd

Thanks folks for the ' likes '..

Ronald ( and others ) seeing that a lot of you guys are posting wonderful scenic images, with lots of foliage, I was wondering about the so called ' painterly and smudging ' effects produced by the x-trans sensor.

My question ( actually two )... Has anyone been bothered or encountered such effects in the normal course of your shooting?.

Next, I am not a wa shooter, but once in a while and for scenic and close in images it would come in handy. Which one lens would you recommend for me. The 10-24 Fuji zoom or the 14mm prime.

p.s and another one...85/1.4 on 35mm ff or the Fuji 56/1.2, in terms of rendering.

Thank you.
I sew that effect some with the 18mm on the Xpro1, but it's pretty much gone with the X-T1.

As for the lenses, I tried the 14mm, and it is a wonderful lens. I didn't like that the aperture ring moved too easily. The results, however, are very, very good. I have the Zeiss 12mm, and it is truly exceptional. However, despite that, since I purchased the 10-24, I have not used the Zeiss even once. That 10-24 pretty much resides on the camera. It's really good, and adds the element of versatility that the 12mm (and the 14mm, for that matter) lacks.

Swissblad

..... However, despite that, since I purchased the 10-24, I have not used the Zeiss even once. That 10-24 pretty much resides on the camera. It's really good, and adds the element of versatility that the 12mm (and the 14mm, for that matter) lacks.
Oh dear, looks like I'm going to get a bought of FAS and acquire that 10-24mm.

Swissblad

Thanks for the "likes" folks.

Here is an image taken during the only dry week in the Dolomites this summer...

Amazing place.

Last edited:

rayyan

Lloyd, coming from you, means I have to visit the Fuji dealer.:D
Before she arrives!!

Thanks pal and take care.
Best regards.

I sew that effect some with the 18mm on the Xpro1, but it's pretty much gone with the X-T1.

As for the lenses, I tried the 14mm, and it is a wonderful lens. I didn't like that the aperture ring moved too easily. The results, however, are very, very good. I have the Zeiss 12mm, and it is truly exceptional. However, despite that, since I purchased the 10-24, I have not used the Zeiss even once. That 10-24 pretty much resides on the camera. It's really good, and adds the element of versatility that the 12mm (and the 14mm, for that matter) lacks.

Swissblad

Continuation of a theme... Schlern by Sais (Alpi di Susi).

Not a simple hike to traverse - bad weather prevented such an undertaking this year.... :(

Last edited: