The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

ZoranC

There you go:

Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi.

Fuji XT-1 & 10-24

It's beautiful, thank you for sharing! I am impressed with every single part of it. Could you please let us know details behind it? Like how you achieved such a dynamic range?

Nathan W. Lediard

Busy shooting a book project at the mo... The book is interviews with emergency services/first responders and is covering quite a range... I am at the air sea rescue base of RNoAF 330 Squadron on the south west coast of Norway at the moment... Here are a couple of shots from today.. can't post everything for obvious reasons :) ( this is going to be a book next autumn) :)

X Pro1 14mm Doctor crew member of the Sea King in the background being interviewed by the author of the book while the ground crew gets it ready for a training flight... Looks like we will be going out on a flight while we are here too!

X-T1 23mm

Stan ROX

It's beautiful, thank you for sharing! I am impressed with every single part of it. Could you please let us know details behind it? Like how you achieved such a dynamic range?
ZoranC,

thanks for your kind words. We all know, the Fujis are incredible capable cameras. That's the reason why I usually use RAW+Fine and edit if needed in Capture One 8

BUT ... the image you see is just a small LR edit from the In-camera JPEG.

You may visit this page of my other (family) website to see the difference between the two images.

The only changes in LR are:

- Exposure: +0.25
- Contrast: +7
- Shadows -7
- Whites +37
- Blacks -8

and finally

Blue Primary
-Saturation +100

to achieve a punchier overall look and blue skies.

The settings have been:
ISO 200, 10 mm, f/8, 1/640 sec.

S.

ZoranC

... the image you see is just a small LR edit from the In-camera JPEG.
The only changes in LR are:

- Exposure: +0.25
- Contrast: +7
- Shadows -7
- Whites +37
- Blacks -8

and finally

Blue Primary
-Saturation +100

to achieve a punchier overall look and blue skies.

The settings have been:
ISO 200, 10 mm, f/8, 1/640 sec.

S.
Thank you! And that was it?! Not even a DR200? Incredible! I could've almost sworn that "exposure blend" was used considering how shot transitions from having clean floor in shadow to outside whites but transition looked to me too natural looking for it to be exposure blend.

Stan ROX

Thank you! And that was it?! Not even a DR200? Incredible! I could've almost sworn that "exposure blend" was used considering how shot transitions from having clean floor in shadow to outside whites but transition looked to me too natural looking for it to be exposure blend.
DR:Auto.

All the time.

Nathan W. Lediard

Coming towards the end of my stay with 330 Squadron (air sea rescue) and today we were on a flight in one of their Sea King helicopters! What an experience.. here after landing I handed my X-Pro1 to the onboard doctor and we got this shot of me and the books author sitting in the doorway...

X-Pro1 XF14mm

Swissblad

Coming towards the end of my stay with 330 Squadron (air sea rescue) and today we were on a flight in one of their Sea King helicopters! What an experience.. here after landing I handed my X-Pro1 to the onboard doctor and we got this shot of me and the books author sitting in the doorway...

X-Pro1 XF14mm
Envious……. ;)

Norm N

The East Coast and the West Coast, with water.
X100s (And I can get you a very good price on this bridge)

X-E2

A quiet Port Townsend Sundown
Port Townsend is as comfortable as an old shoe, and I would live here if I could.