The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

ceh, Alan..thank you.:)

Along Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. A twelve lane highway. Overhead crossing and metro on your lower right..

MCTuomey

Beautiful work here, everyone.

Haven't got much to show, not shooting a lot. A few from Shelter in Detroit - Neil Gunderson and his band from Seattle:

20141026-040-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20141026-024-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20141026-031-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20141026-038-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

20141026-013-web by Mike Tuomey, on Flickr

X-T1 56 f/1.2 iso 6400 (really had to push these, light was tough, and wish i'd been able to get closer, do like that flip screen)

Last edited:

Swissblad

Wishing all Fuji'rs a nice WE & good shooting

The weather is so nice I had to go out for a walk over lunchtime this week....

Rand47

X-T1, 56mm 1.2 I don't think I've ever adapted to a camera as fast as I have the T-1. It takes me back to my OM Olympus and Leica film cameras. Size, feel, ergonomics, optics, image quality. These all contribute to a return to insticntive shooting. No menu diving, all at my fingertips.

bensonga

A couple of shots from this morning along the Knik River with the XT1 and 56/1.2 lens. Unfortunately, I did not have the 60 macro with me.

Gary

Knik River at the Eklutna power plant tailrace

Quite a few salmon carcasses washed up along the beach.

Rand47

Unfortunately, fish carcasses weren't the only things laying about.

Fuji XT1 and the 23mm f1.4 lens.

These are really interesting shots. I notice in the trunk of the second shot some areas of snow/frost that are very blurred and soft yet are obviously very much within the zone of focus as there are areas in front of, and behind these soft areas that are sharp as a tack. Is this the X-trans sensor's difficulty with fine detial in RAW conversion? I've experienced similar outcomes in areas of semi-repeated fine detail. I use Lightroom and it just doesn't seem to handle the conversion in areas like this very well at all. Can you share if these were shot jpeg or RAW and if RAW how they were processed?

Thanks,
Rand

bensonga

Hi Rand. I processed all of these shots very lightly from the JPG files with minimal sharpening added for the web versions. Here's a 100% crop from the original JPG showing the interior of the trunk with snow etc. I didn't add any additional sharpening to this 100% cropped image, only what was present in the original JPG file.

This image was shot at 1/60th sec and f5.6. The original file on my monitor seems fine to me. Perhaps the apparent softness is due to the settled snow/hoar frost losing some of it's original crispness? I don't know.

Gary