The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

The book project continues.. been travelling alot lately, hence the lack of posts here.. Just got back from a trip to Oslo where I followed a shift at the Fire Brigade and followed a doctor at the hospital. Within the first hour at the fire station we were called out to a quite dramatic house fire. Luckily the house was not finished being built and no-one was home!

Shot wth my X-T1 with the 55-200 at iso 4000, f5.6 and at 1/25s hand held (not a typo) :D

While I was in Oslo I picked up my Graphite X-T1... more on that later.. :) I also picked up a used X-E2 at hallf price of a new one... looks new.. :) So I now have 5 x-series bodies.... On these kind of fast paced shoots its great to have 3 bodies hanging off me.. no need to change lenses in horrible environments... :) anyhow enough babbling.. here is a pic...

Norm N

Nathan, There is great drama in your photo, as well as marvelous Fuji color. the photo I am putting up comes from a different world entirely.

X-E1, 18-55mm

The Critic

quinb

Thanks Lloyd! I'm still getting a handle on the X20. Not so much a learning curve, but a "remembering curve" of the settings between priority and custom modes. When we are out on job sites, it attracts a little less attention and reduces some standoffishness when I pull it out to get work photos. But now I'm thinking it might be time to replace the Nikon gear with an XT1. :)

quinb

This was from a different site that we were evaluating this week. Quick grab while waiting for someone to help answer some questions.

AlanS

Thank's very much Lloyd. I feel that conversions with SEP and the Fuji files are going in the right direction. Still finding it hard to match my old 5x4 negs for tonality but every now and then it works :)