The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

A recent wedding shoot with honeymooners all the way from Hong Kong! :) (they were tipped off to my services by someone on this forum in fact :) )
X-T1 23mm @f2 lupoled lighting

johnnygoesdigital

Nathan,
I've always loved your style-I think you inspired me to get the XT1. Have you any thoughts on the x100t with its high flash sync?
Great photos!

Nathan W. Lediard

Thanks Johnny :)
I have the original X100 and the abilty to sync at high speed with full flash power is great. ( I am also somewhat spoiled in so far as I own a Hasselblad H4D and leaf shutters are the main reason I use medium fiormat. Location shoots in the scandinavian summer are definitely easier with a leaf shutter (Yes you can use ND filters and I use them often with my fujis when I need to (The 56 APD comes with a very nice multicoated ND6 in the box!)
All of the X cameras are really capable, its really the lenses that are the stars here :) I must say that sometimes I would be pleased if I had a few more pixels to work with, but I do have 1 metre by 1 metre prints hanging in the waiting room outside my studip along side prints of the same d´size made with the hasselblad. You can really only see the difference if you know what you are looking for. :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Nice work, Nathan!

Never tried the X100 with flash… thanks for the tip!
It works really well with flash.. some quirks though.. you dont get the full 4000 before you stop down some... cant remember the details but wide open I think ypu get 1/1000. f 4 1/2000 and f8 1/4000 but dont quote me! :D

The little built in flash is surprisingly useful too! :)

This was taken in strong backlight with the little built in flash...

Y Sol

After 2 weeks of shooting the X-T1, I feel more confortable now using the camera for my professional work. The files have enough “beef” for a double page in a glossy magazine.
The possibility to shoot at F1,2 in bright sunlight is really great! I used the X-T1 on the Maldives for an assignment. My main camera is still the D800.
Maybe Fuji will announce a 24 mpx X-T2 this year, who knows :)
Here’s a food shot: 35mm @F2