The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

bensonga

Looking ahead towards an exchange of B&W and color diptych prints in August. Still trying to figure out how I want to approach it. This is an early attempt. In this particular case, I started with a single image that seemed like a good candidate for splitting in parts (thanks to the shallow DOF at f1.2) and I then processed the two images differently.

I found this article on diptychs. There are so many interesting and creative ways to approach it.
Diptych Photography : The Art Of Combining Two Images | Pixel Curse

Gary Benson

XT1 and XF 56/1.2 lens....at f1.2.

Last edited:

AlanS

Back from a 2 week tour of Europe (some of it) on the Bike (Motorcycle). I don't shoot much when in riding mode but when we stop in the evening or have an odd 2 day stopover I will get the camera out. I wasn't really in shooting mood all holiday but managed a few that captured the places o.k. All are in order of shooting and I used X-E1 & 18-55....

S. Germany

Pula, Croatia

River Danube, Austria

rayyan

Thanks a lot folks. Mighty gracious of you all :salute:

Lijiang, PRC. Highly recommended. Get yourself lost in time. ( and the crowds, nowadays! ). But there is always a quiet time..before the crowds. But stay inside the old town. Get up early, or go late.

Known as an artist's town. A lover's town. A painter's town. All true.

The hotel I was staying in, had a booklet ' A Taste of Lijiang '. It was all the types of tea one could phone for. Free, of course!!

AlanS

Just back from a 4 day weekend riding the North Coast of Scotland on the bike. Had some great weather and the scenery was awesome as ever. Not many shots but here are a few that made the cut.....

All X-E1, 18-55 f2.8/4

Applecross Bay, Scotland.

East of Tongue, N. coast of Scotland.

Dunnet Head, most northern point on mainland Britain. If you look above the left hand chimney you can see the "Old Man of Hoy" sea stack rising above the Island of Hoy, part of the Orkney Isles.

rayyan

Thanks a lot folks..:salute:

I was heading to the Delaware Gap. I meandered around. Ended up in Pike County, PA. Milford is a lovely town with quite a few architecturally interesting buildings.
I was hungry and thirsty.

Found me a place. Always be aware of your surroundings, it is said.
There was a lottery going on on TV.

I walked in. Everyone looked up. At door height. They could not find anything. They looked down.

Hi. I said. Good natured hand waves. I parked myself on the stool at the bar. Just about could see what was on offer.
Hey there. Get you a drink?

What's happening, I asked. The lady looked down at me. You got a ticket? No. Want one? What? A ticket of course. What else. I stared at her..well below her neck.
Where you from? The guy next to me. I thought the better of it. Up State, I squeaked. PA? No. NY, I replied with confidence.

Well I did buy the lottery. Joined in the fun. I, too was shouting and waving my arms. I don't know why? But why not. I was on vacation. They were Lovely people. I almost thought I was at Hooters. I am an optimist.