The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Shashin

Hi Will
This is the new 23/2.0 lens I guess?
It looks really good!
Do you have the 23/1.4 too? and if....how do you compare them? (which one would you grab by instinct running out of the door?)
thorkil
Thorkil, I have never used the f/1.4. However, when I purchased the 23mm, my instinct for to go for the smaller lens. I primarily use the OVF on my X Pro2, and the research I did suggested the f/2 version blocked the finder less. I do like this lens.

scott kirkpatrick

X pro2, 14mm

I like the shot, but the spots in the sky remind me of the problems I am currently having with my new X-T2. (see the discussion in X-Pro2 and X-T2 thread.) Are there more spots in the other parts of the image, seen at 100%? What was the light level when you shot?

scott

Shashin

I like the shot, but the spots in the sky remind me of the problems I am currently having with my new X-T2. (see the discussion in X-Pro2 and X-T2 thread.) Are there more spots in the other parts of the image, seen at 100%? What was the light level when you shot?

scott
Scott, fortunately, those spots in the sky are supposed to be there--they are stars. :D This is a night image. The light levels were a bit low as the full moon was illuminating the scene. Shot at ISO 800 at 30 sec. at f/4. So actually, the image is clean. ;)

Sorry. But seriously, you should contact Fuji.

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Scott, fortunately, those spots in the sky are supposed to be there--they are stars. :D This is a night image. The light levels were a bit low as the full moon was illuminating the scene. Shot at ISO 800 at 30 sec. at f/4. So actually, the image is clean. ;)
I'm impressed, as the picture didn't have any obvious clues to being a night shot. In fact the perfectly normal colors of the field, the trees and even the sky really throw you off, since human vision wouldn't see colors in that setting. This suggests some interesting experiments.

scott

rayyan

Trip is coming to an end. 1000s of images to sort thru!

2 weeks went zipping through!!

Wonderful, wonderful place....

Thanks to all my friends for their ' likes '.

rayyan

Thanks a lot folks, for the ' likes ' :salute:

A town in the Kakheti region of Georgia, Europe. This is one of the main wine producing regions of the country. Cold..cold..day!!

rayyan

Thank you folks...really appreciated :salute:

We started early. There was a lot of distance to travel. It was quiet. Light was scarce, and it was bitterly cold.
We were heading higher, and colder. If the roads were clear..

woodyspedden

Thanks a lot folks, for the ' likes ' :salute:

A town in the Kakheti region of Georgia, Europe. This is one of the main wine producing regions of the country. Cold..cold..day!![/QUOT

Rayyan

Your images continue to be breathtaking. I always look forward to any new ones you post. They inspire me!

Woody

rayyan

Hi Woody.

A big blush from me. Thank you so very much for your generosity.

Mostly, I get lucky.

Stay well and our warmest regards and best wishes to you and yours.:salute:

Rayyan

Your images continue to be breathtaking. I always look forward to any new ones you post. They inspire me!

Woody[/QUOTE]