The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Histogram on X-Pro1

Terry

I've got the live histogram on my LCD and OVF for some reason I don't seem to be able to get it activated on the EVF

I've gone to page 4 of the camera settings where you can set those settings. I've done it with the EVF active and with the LCD active but no luck.

Anyone know the "secret code"? :banghead:

Thanks!

scho

I've got the live histogram on my LCD and OVF for some reason I don't seem to be able to get it activated on the EVF

I've gone to page 4 of the camera settings where you can set those settings. I've done it with the EVF active and with the LCD active but no luck.

Anyone know the "secret code"? :banghead:

Thanks!
Terry,

Histogram will not display in OVF if Power Saving is ON. It should show in EVF. Try cycling through display modes with the disp button while viewing through EVF.

Terry

Terry,

Histogram will not display in OVF if Power Saving is ON. It should show in EVF. Try cycling through display modes with the disp button while viewing through EVF.
Duh - cycling through just got it. A little strange I thought I had been through all permutations! That's why I said in the other thread it would take a little while to be all set up.

I haven't set the Fn button for anything yet. Haven't yet decided what I want access to.

What I want most I don't seem to have is a fast way to review the histogram after the shot. Am I missing any trick there? seems like instant review doesn't have a histogram and then you have to wait for it to finish writing to get to full review.

Sapphie

Terry

You are correct - after the shot is taken you can only see the histogram in playback mode. Is seeing it prior to the shot not enough?
Have you tried setting the camera to auto-DR? It will bump up the ISO to 400 or 800 as required but you will have protected highlights.

Lee