The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just how laggy is the X-Pro1?

donbga

I've read Zack Arias' blog report for the X-PRO1 and he mentions the AF and exposure lag more than once.

Is this a common complaint?

Terry

I think it was bad when he got the first pre production model and was substantially improved with the production body. Roel on the forum mentioned it as well on a different thread.

I do not see any unreasonable AF lag when using the 35mm or the 18mm, but the 60mm does not focus at reasonable speed almost in any condition, at least not my sample.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Ario, I have not tried the lens in question, but if I recall correctly, it's a macro; every macro I have ever had in FF-land has been slow to focus, compared to other lenses in the lineup. This includes Nikon's, Canon's, and Sony's best. It's also one of the reasons that all these lenses have focus limiting switches, too, so that the AF does not pull the entire length of the helicoid.

In your estimation, is it this order of slowness, or something even slower?

Kit, yes it is a macro, but also taking this into account and by comparison with other macro lens and systems I have (Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic) the Fujinon is substantially slower, both in macro mode and in "normal" mode.
There is no switch on the lens, only a "macro" function on the camera which I suppose should do the same, but it does not seem to me to be very effective.