The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-Pro 1 FW update is available

PenSon

Have upgraded X-Pro1 with 18mm, 35mm and 60mm lenses.
No problems.
No need to set the date on the camera before the last lens FW.
Work done in 100 minutes.
Trygve :)

Jolly

I did it in 7min, body and the lenses ... :D

Will I get a 23/2.0 for free when it will come out ? :)

It took me about 100 minutes.

Of course, I had to drive across town to buy a modern SD card reader -- I couldn't copy the update files to the card when simply plugging the camera in. ;)

vieri

They also updated the version of the raw converter that came with the camera.
Tim,

how do you do the upgrade? I couldn't find it neither on the Silkypix website nor on the Fuji one... any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

My firmware update experience...

After taking delivery of my X-Pro1 yesterday I played with it throughout the day and was very much aware of the "Lens Chatter"... downloaded the firmware and installed it last night for the body and the 18mm and 35mm lenses... installation was trouble free and only took me about 20 minutes.. Turned the camera back on after the installation with the 35mm mounted and absolutely no Lens Chatter to be heard.

Some mention from some posters that focus seems to be faster after the new firmware updates but I honestly had not had the camera but for about 8 hours so I can not address that.

I really am amazed at the quality of the JPGs out of the X-Pro1. Hope Adobe adds RAW capability for it in Photoshop soon.... but those JPGs are gorgeous!

ustein

Contributing Editor
>with the 35mm mounted and absolutely no Lens Chatter to be heard

Great news.

>but those JPGs are gorgeous!

Hard to beat even from Raw I think.

vieri

(btw, once more I can testify that Fuji's website has the worse implementation of the English language I have ever seen on a professional manufacturer's website! :ROTFL:)

Bigkidneys

Have you guys noticed it taking longer to AF now with the OVF? After downloading the FW for the body and 35 & 18 last night I noticed then and today that in OVF mode the lens makes quite a bit clunking noise and takes much longer than before to AF. No issues with the EVF but OVF is much much slower and clunky.