The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji color (green) vs Oly color

Paratom

I am enjoying a lot the images on the x1 pro thread, and have used a x100 for some weeks now.
One factor I am not sure yet. To me the greens (grass and trees) in Fuji images seem sometimes very (over?) saturated and "poison".
Do others have the same feeling? Or is it just me?

If we talk about color the images posted in the OMD thread seem somewhat more pleasing regarding overall color.
But maybe it is also a question of settings /Processing.
Any opinions/experience?
Overall I prefer the OVF of the X100 much about the EVF of the NEx and m4/3 systems,

Last edited:

Braeside

I think it depends which film emulation is being used on the Fuji - the Velvia option does saturate the greens (like the film does). There are more natural looking greens from other emulations available in the camera. Because of lack of support for Raw by Adobe and Apple at present most is being shot in JPG and people play with their favourite film simulation.

dhsimmonds

David, Photoshop now supports the XPro1 with the latest update to CS6.

I tried a few today and it works well on the XP1's RAF files equally as good as C1Pro does with my X100 RAF files in fact. So one can now colour the grass to taste!

Braeside

Cheers Dave. I was shooting a yellowish-green door today with the Fuji XP1 and no matter what film emulation or WB I used it came out blue-green, so it will be good to be able to calibrate it a bit more to reality.