The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X10 update

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I had a chat with my camera pusher yesterday, and during our discussion, I asked what the status is regarding the X10. He told me that updated cameras aren't available yet, but that Fuji had picked up all his remaining stock of the original version. That sounds promising to me, and I'm on the list for a new one when they arrive.

He also told me btw., that he's sold around 100 X-Pro1 during May. For a relatively expensive camera, that's a lot (and if you had seen the shop, you would have wondered how he got 100 cameras in there in the first place}.

Terry

Funny,
I called Fuji this AM. I got a great guy on the phone. He gave me quite a chuckle. He also said they don't have the sensors just yet. I asked how I will know when. He answered "tune into the different forums and you will know within two seconds of us getting them" :D. He was totally cool and seemed like a knowledgable photographer.

I also asked him about RAW support and the fact that people aren't happy with the LR raw conversions. He said stay tuned on that as well.

All in all the most pleasant call I've ever had with technical support at any camera company,

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Funny,
I called Fuji this AM. I got a great guy on the phone. He gave me quite a chuckle. He also said they don't have the sensors just yet. I asked how I will know when. He answered "tune into the different forums and you will know within two seconds of us getting them" :D. He was totally cool and seemed like a knowledgable photographer.

I also asked him about RAW support and the fact that people aren't happy with the LR raw conversions. He said stay tuned on that as well.

All in all the most pleasant call I've ever had with technical support at any camera company,
The Fuji people must be a great crowd. How else would they be able to make all those strange cameras. I mean, a 6 x 7 folder in the 21st century? You got to have some sense of humour to even think about something like that.

Here in Bangkok, the Fuji service centre is the friendliest, most professional of any camera brand. Whatever the problem, they will try their utmost to solve it, on the hour if it's burning :thumbs:

Terry

LOL - I was looking at the 6x7 last week thinking it would be really fun to walk around SF or NY shooting it. I really was sort of lusting after it and looked around to see if there was a used one that wasn't too expensive. :loco:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
LOL - I was looking at the 6x7 last week thinking it would be really fun to walk around SF or NY shooting it. I really was sort of lusting after it and looked around to see if there was a used one that wasn't too expensive. :loco:
Mamiya 6 or 7 - I used to shoot the 7II and it is an AWESOME 6x7 rangefinder. Go with either the 80 or preferably the 65mm. One of the best film cameras I ever owned.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Two words ... Hubba hubba.

Of all of the imaging companies I really do think that Fuji are alone in having their act together across the board from film through to digital. I personally lament Kodak & Polaroid cratering over the last decades whilst seeing Fuji go from strength to strength.

JCT

Mamiya 6 or 7 - I used to shoot the 7II and it is an AWESOME 6x7 rangefinder. Go with either the 80 or preferably the 65mm. One of the best film cameras I ever owned.
+1

My 7II is one of my favorite film cameras ever - I will never sell this one. I could only bring one film camera with me when I first moved to Tucson. It was the 7II.

JT