The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-Pro1 Grip does make a differance..

I picked up the grip for the X-Pro1 and it does make a differance in handling the camera. I like it a lot and the the quality is top of the line.. the fit could be no better.... yes, you have to remove the grip to replace the battery or memory card and I thought this would be a big deal but it is not.

The grip makes one handed shooting (which I often do) much easier and more comfortable.

tom in mpls

Jim, I love using hand straps, which requires a bottom slot for the strap. Is there a slot on the bottom of the hand grip?

woodyspedden

Yes there is.
Hey Terry

Maybe there is more than one version of the handgrip but mine does not have any slots. There is only a tripod screw on the bottom so I would guess that to get a slot for a handstrap you would have to get an arca plate with a slot from someone like RRS or Kirk

Woody

tom in mpls

Well, I got a hand strap and used a slotted QR plate. I discovered that a hand grip does not suit me at all for this camera. It worked great on DSLRs and my Sony A55 which have the big right hand grip built in. So for me it's a moot point now.

Terry

Hey Terry

Maybe there is more than one version of the handgrip but mine does not have any slots. There is only a tripod screw on the bottom so I would guess that to get a slot for a handstrap you would have to get an arca plate with a slot from someone like RRS or Kirk

Woody
OK I got confused then by slots. I thought you meant a screw for tripod under the grip.

L

loner.s.a.m

It works for me. I bought a half case but then it just doesn't feel quite good gripping the case, especially when the buttons are sometimes being covered.

All in all, I am not regretting buying it.

Sapphie

Birthday coming up and my beloved needs to choose me something! Should it be the grip or the Fuji leather case? Last year she got me the X100 case, which is great.

I assume you can't have grip and case on at the same time!

Lee

jpmac55

Agree on the improved handling but I am not crazy about how it adds height to the camera so I took it off.