The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X Pro-1 questions

durrIII

I have a X Pro-1 on the way. What is the consensus best leather case for it and what setting should I start out with? I know you guys (and Dolls) have opinions.

thanks for you help....

Tried the NEX-7 and it just did not work for me.

Personally, I hate using cases.. they always seem to get in the way... I opt for a small bag.. besides, the grip will not fit in any of the cases and I feel the grip is a necessity.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Personally, I hate using cases.. they always seem to get in the way... I opt for a small bag.. besides, the grip will not fit in any of the cases and I feel the grip is a necessity.
++1 the grip is a almost a mandatory option in my view. Really makes a difference if you have larger hands.

However, if I were buying a case it would be a Luigi leather case from LeicaTime. I've had these with my Leica M cameras and they are superb. He has one for the X-Pro1 now. He has also arguably the worlds worst website too! You'll need to click on camera case line on Hyde left panel and then find Fuji.

Leicatime Luigi Crescenzi : leica cameras leica compur mp elmar 250 reporter leicavit

Last edited:

dhsimmonds

Buy the Gariz leather half case. A case improves grip and the Gariz has a metal base with a very neat rectangular machined hole which aligns perfectly with the access door for the battery and memory card so that you can leave the case screwed on via a gunsling (supplied) screw into the tripod socket.

You never need to remove the case to change battery or card, whereas the Fuji grip accessory needs to be removed each time you need access to battery or card.

The metal base is also machined for a conventional tripod socket set centrally therefore enabling use of the camera within the Gariz case for tripod work and still providing access to battery and card.

IMHO the perfect case and the FP1 with case fitted, still fits into my Billingham Small Hadley bag together with lens attached plus two other FX lenses, spare battery, card case and flashgun.

Braeside

Agree Dave, I don't use cases on any of my other cameras, but the Gariz for the XP1 is an exception, it is ideal.