The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f/2.5

ustein

Contributing Editor
Any experience. To me it looks pretty sharp. Would like to use it at f/4 for aerials. Need all the shutter speed I can get.

Really nice lens, great signature for portraits (bokeh is sometimes a little funky, but is more often really beautiful, without being all swirly or otherwise obtrusive). In my experience it wanted the focus calibrated every so often--I think my copy had been serviced badly.

Rich M

Uwe......the good points are that it is extremely light and has a nice hood.

I found that on mine the focus throw was a little too short for my taste and not as well damped as, for example, the ZM85. Maybe it is the vagary of the LTM to M-mount adapter ring (it is a Voigtlander ring), but it focuses a little past infinity. For landscapes (and aerials) I would want a harder stop at infinity.

Watch for flare.

I guess my question is with the great results you are getting with the ZM85 and the high ISO capability of the camera, why you would need a slightly faster lens?

R

quadtones

Great lens, and stopped down 1 1/2-2 stops, you won't be unhappy. Small, light, and while I sold it and now use a 75 mm Summicron, I actually have been thinking of getting another one, just for travel, since it's so light, and gives me 90%+ of the Summicron quality for a fraction of the cost.

Braeside

Also have one that I used on an M8 and my GXR A12M Mount. Am very pleased with it, but have not got an M adaptor for the X-Pro 1 to try it on now.