The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sicilians - with the X-Pro1

vieri

I have been using the X-Pro1 for quite a while this year, and finally sold it due to a few things I didn't like about it - mostly the horrible Raw conversion software, the terrible AF with the 60mm Macro, the difficulty in using MF old lenses. However, the camera offers a great IQ and the glass is top notch, and I am sure the last FW helped things a lot; too bad I sold it before summer, choosing to keep my Nex-7 instead (24 Zeiss, Leica 50 Noctilux are too wonderful a combination on the Nex).

Back to the X-Pro, I brought it to Sicily when I went there and used it in the street, with the 18, 35 & 60 mm lenses. Here a few teasers from that trip, more to be found on my blog.

Catch of the day, Sciacca

News, Mazara del Vallo

Kids, Mazara del Vallo

Kid in the Arab quarters, Mazara del Vallo

Friendship, Erice

Shepard, Segesta

Morning coffee, Castellamare del Golfo

All taken with the XPro-1 and the three lenses available back then. Thanks for viewing!

Pelao

They really show what the camera can do. You have a great eye. Especially like 'News' and 'Friendship'.

vieri

Nice shots - you should have kept the XPro-1!

Lee
They really show what the camera can do. You have a great eye. Especially like 'News' and 'Friendship'.
:thumbs: I find this camera, despite a few UI foibles, to be one of the best small cameras I've ever owned and that includes Leicas.

Great shots!
Thank you very much guys, much appreciated - about the X-Pro1, I loved the camera, except for the AF, but HATED the software and the fact that you couldn't get any decent RAW converter to open these files... now that you can, it still seems that the results are sub-par, with artefacts and such. As soon as this will be fixed, I will consider it again. Unless the new M is out of this world... ;)

Pelao

Not Really
they really show what Vieri can do . . . and that's a different matter!
Well, yes, it is a different matter. Which is why I mentioned the 'eye' thing. But we'll have to disagree on the other matter; I see the shots reflecting well on the camera too. So yes really, at least for me.