The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-E1 ... first impressions (and images)

Roel

Hi there

Fujifilm was kind enough to let me borrow (and review) a pre-production X-E1 for a couple of weeks and after shooting with it, I have posted a few thoughts along with some images:

Fujifilm X-E1 – First Impressions ‹ roel.me

Bottom line:

The X-E1 is an extremely capable camera. In my mini article, I have referred to the X-E1 as the X-Pro1′s “little brother” – and in some ways, that is an inaccurate description. The X-E1 is every bit as capable and I suspect the X-Pro1 may get a little jealous with all of the attention the X-E1 is about to receive.

If you have been on the fence about getting an X-Pro1 because of the price, Fujifilm just gave you an early Christmas present.

It is a great little camera and I believe it will do well in the market. If video is a high priority, this is probably not the camera for you, however, if you want the best quality stills in a small package, the X-E1 is definitely a camera to consider.

V

Vivek

If you have been on the fence about getting an X-Pro1 because of the price, Fujifilm just gave you an early Christmas present.
It is not the price but rather the hybrid view finder and the poor EVF that bothered me the most.

How is the refresh rate of the EVF. Is it comparable to the modern ones from Panasonic/Sony?

OK, found the answer in your review (Q&A):

As the AF acquires focus, the EVF seems to “switch” (for a brief moment, less than a second) to a slightly lower resolution mode, then as the focus locks, it goes back to high resolution. Although this is not a perfect solution, it is much better behaviour than before.
Saves me all the trouble! Thanks!:)

Last edited: