The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who has the Fuji X100 besides the Fuji X E1 or Fuji X Pro1

Peter Leyenaar

I recently bought the Fuji X E1 with the 18-55 , 35 and the 60 and as others, I am very pleased with this equipment.
I am still very interested in the Fuji X100 it looks like a unique camera with great photo making capability, of course it is the operator who makes the photos.
Is getting a Fuji X100 over kill ? , being greedy ? or worthwhile , what type of photography do most use it for ?

retow

Currently owning all three. The XPro1 will be up for sale soon. Love the X100 for travel and street, its files are much easier for PP than the the ones from its newer brothers.

Last edited:

JSRockit

Considering there was no 35mm equiv options for the X-Pro1 when I bought it, I just kept the X100 too. I'm glad I did. It's small and light, has a silent leaf shutter, and a great lens.

Peter Leyenaar

The post lady delivered my used (pristine) X100 today, what a great camera, I almost
like it better than my E X1, I probably do , as you all know the image quality is outstanding, I'll be taking this camera with me a lot of the time.

Sapphie

Currently owning all three. The XPro1 will be up for sale soon. Love the X100 for travel and street, its files are much easier for PP than the the ones from its newer brothers.
All 3! Curious to know why you are favouring the E1 over the X-Pro 1. Is the EVF good enough?

Thanks
Lee

Rayto

All 3! Curious to know why you are favouring the E1 over the X-Pro 1. Is the EVF good enough?

Thanks
Lee
I can't speak for retow but I have the X100 and the xe1. The evf is far more usable for manual focusing than either the xp1 or x100. No parralax error and accurate focus is easier with the higher dpi.

As to the X100, it's a much easier carry than the xe1/xp1 even though the body size and weight, with the 35, is not all that much different than the xe1. With the same strap, my X100 clings to my side. The xe1 tends to float around and I need to get used to it. Even though I prefer a 50mm equivalent, as an everyday camera, I consider the X100 perfect.

Last, althought I believe the post issues are overstated, it's a much quicker job getting results with the X100. With the xe1 I import into LR, select what I want to work on and now go straight to SilkyPix. To get comparable results in LR its taking me a lot more time/work.

Brian Mosley

Mine cost £1000 over a year ago. It's had the SAB upgrade and still goes everywhere with me... a camera to travel with. I noticed when I dropped by to check out the RX-1 that the X100 is now available in black and only £590 new... It was a bargain at £1000 imho. Now it's a no brainer.

Cheers

Brian

Tim

I still have my X100 but it upset me the other day as I went to an event to use it and the power switch had been knocked on and the battery totally drained.

Great images are easy to make with the X100. For me though, its not a lightweight travel cam, where I am not sure I'll be taking photos. I find it a bit to lug when I'm more used to the LX3 or GRD.

Its files are awesome as is its low light ability. I can handhold real low push up the ISO and get usable files. Silent in normal mode and even more silent in quiet mode. I may sell mine in favor of my OM-D but not sure just yet.