The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

XPro-1/X-E1: Longer Lens

David Schneider

Leaving on an Eastern Europe trip end of March or early April and would like to bring along a longer lens than the 18-55mm. I know the 55-200mm is due out sometime in first half of 2013, but in the meantime, what are recommendations/alternatives. Looking for something in the 135-200mm range (35mm-full frame dslr equivalent).

ustein

Contributing Editor
I used the Zeiss ZM 85mm f/4 with success. Very sharp lens. I often use it just at infinity and then there is no need even for MF.

woodyspedden

I use my Contax G 90mm lens with an adapter and it works great. Sometimes a little difficulty focusing with the slow frame rate Electronic Finder but most times, not a problem

woody

Michiel Schierbeek

Leaving on an Eastern Europe trip end of March or early April and would like to bring along a longer lens than the 18-55mm. I know the 55-200mm is due out sometime in first half of 2013, but in the meantime, what are recommendations/alternatives. Looking for something in the 135-200mm range (35mm-full frame dslr equivalent).
Couldn't you use an C/Y Zeiss vario sonnar 80-200 for that. The adapters are cheap and the lens can be bought around € 250,--

I am not a Fuji owner but it works well on the NEX-7.

Michiel

V

Vivek

You can check out the funwith the Nex-6 thread. All the lenses there also should do well on the XE-1, perhaps sharper.