The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji X200 X-trans sensored rumors here please

Braeside

Yes, X100s specs have been leaked and look great. Phase detect and CDAF, X-Trans 16Mpixels sensor, Digital Split Image, Higher res EVF + OVF, Focus Peaking. Wow! Bring on the XPro-2 with those features.

Details here

V

Vivek

I appreciate that they actually list the shutter lag time (0.01s) among others. That sounds about the same (or could be less) as the Sony stuff.

raist3d

The shutter lag listed i bet is pre focus shutter lag. Tons of camera
Do hyper fast there already. What matter is their new aF time. Looks like they are very very fast now.

So looks like the x100s is a major upgrade from x100 in operation. They even have range go set split image like manual focus.

Other than one full stop DOF and maybe some still better higher iso performance by a hair, I don't see what an rx1 has over this camera.

Update: I guess the rx1 is still a bit smaller?

V

Vivek

The shutter lag listed i bet is pre focus shutter lag. Tons of camera
Do hyper fast there already.
I had the latest NEX' in mind when I mentioned the shutter lag. Sony NEX' using manual focus lenses still have an annoying shutter lag. I think it takes a while for them to process that data regarding WB and exposure. If I press the shutter all the way, I can get an image faster but with an inaccurate WB and exposure. It is not pleasant at all.

Solid, solid update on paper. Let's see how they I implememt.

Very pleased with the specs though and looking forward to these features moving up to the X-Pro on the next release.

Agree with Raist3d - not much enticing about the RX1 now, at least at the current price.

raist3d

So looks like this isn't the Fuji camera I will be jumping for. Looks like that would be whatever updates they did with Xtrans-II, EXR cpu II applied to an X-E1 (X-E1 II if you will) with the pancake lens.

So I would imagine that will be out mid-summer to end of this year, then that's it. Time to sell my Pentax stuff and do the jump thing. I would have a pro camera for everything I want to do that I want to carry with me at all times for street life.

The issue I have with this one is that I am not a 35mm focal length shooter. (certainly not the "camera's fault."

- Raist

Amin

Other than one full stop DOF and maybe some still better higher iso performance by a hair, I don't see what an rx1 has over this camera.

Update: I guess the rx1 is still a bit smaller?
The RX1 gives you the more shallow DOF, higher resolution, and probably about a stop better ISO performance.

As for size, the Fuji is still considerably slimmer (front to back) because of the smaller lens: Compact Camera Meter

It's taller due to the viewfinder inclusion (a good tradeoff for most people), and wider, which should allow for better ergonomics IMO.

I tried the RX1 last week and would personally rather have the X100S. Won't be getting either though.

The RX1 gives you the more shallow DOF, higher resolution, and probably about a stop better ISO performance.

As for size, the Fuji is still considerably slimmer (front to back) because of the smaller lens: Compact Camera Meter

It's taller due to the viewfinder inclusion (a good tradeoff for most people), and wider, which should allow for better ergonomics IMO.

I tried the RX1 last week and would personally rather have the X100S. Won't be getting either though.
Amin, you forgot to add that the RX1 also gives you a $2,000 larger deficit in your bank account ;)

Curious about your last statement, if money was no object but you could only have one, why would you select the X100s? Or is the money a deciding factor in your hypothetical?

And to the point about resolution, I think I would take a 16mp camera with no filter over a 24mp with filter all day long. But that's just my preference of course. Would really like the 24mp without!

Chad

pophoto

I hope the XPro2 or XE2 could approach the 24MP resolution mark, but that's just wishful thinking on my part!

raist3d

The shallower dof yes. The higher resolution- depends. Rx1 has aa filter, the fuji doesn't. It's possible the fuji may match or near match it. The ISo performance I am not sure either- the xtrans is really good. My guess is maybe but maybe not one full stop.

Looks to me the x100s will have a lot of things over the Sony at half the price (tops). But yeah, as much ask would enjoy getting one, it's not for me either.

raist3d

I hope the XPro2 or XE2 could approach the 24MP resolution mark, but that's just wishful thinking on my part!
I am fine with 16mp to be honest. For the work I like doing is more than enough and 24 mp will be a workflow clog. Speaking for myself of course. I wouldn't mind 24 much as long as they keep the IsO perf.

Raist

Tim

With the X100s announced this will of course push NOS and used X100 prices down. This makes a good camera even more of a bargain to anyone who wanted to try a X100 and yet has not.

It could get to a point that its not worth selling a working X100 as its a lot of camera for little money now.

I am curious as to what price the RX-1 may eventually dive to. Perhaps Sony will release a RX-2 FF mirrorless (everyone will have to have one) and RX-1 prices will inevitably fall. I may step in then on a RX-1.

raist3d

I must say Fuji exceeded my expectations with the announcements - provided they follow up. Still the X100s is not my camera. Probably more like what would be the X-E1s, or the X20 before the X100s.

- Raist

retow

And then there is a significant, but less measurable advantage to the RX1, the unique and beautiful rendering of its Sonnar lens ........ As nice as the 23mm Fuji optics are, the lens glued to the Sony body is worth a considerable premium to me.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was planning to buy an E-PL5 and the new Zuiko 17mm to use as a semi pocketable street cam. Now I'm not so sure anymore. The X100S seems to be just what I need.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

This looks to be an X100 enthusiasts dream upgrade. Only thing they left out (arguably) was an articulating lcd for waist level shooting.

I can certainly forgive them that. Seriously want one.

Brian

And then there is a significant, but less measurable advantage to the RX1, the unique and beautiful rendering of its Sonnar lens ........ As nice as the 23mm Fuji optics are, the lens glued to the Sony body is worth a considerable premium to me.
No doubt, the RX1 lens is tops but you said the magic word - premium. There are so many people that lust after the X100 but even its price point is too expensive for them. The RX1 is comparably in the stratosphere and as such, a truly niche camera in a category similar to Leica (although certainly a good value if you understand and can utilize what it offers).

Enjoy it you lucky bastard ;)

monza

To put things in perspective:

Sony RX1 OVF $600
Sony RX1 EVF $450
Total ---- $1050

Fuji x100s with OVF and EVF $1300

:)

JSRockit

This looks to be an X100 enthusiasts dream upgrade. Only thing they left out (arguably) was an articulating lcd for waist level shooting.
I'm a huge fan of the X100 and am very happy they didn't put in that type of screen. Fuji makes cameras that we can use at eye level... thankfully.