The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-E1 in NZ

Tony C.

I've just returned from three day tramp (hike) in Arthur's Pass (near Christchurch), one of literally countless, fantastic trails to be found in this exceptional country.

I am in very good shape, but it was a challenging route for my level of experience, and luckily I had an excellent and expert partner leading the way. Nevertheless, I did take a couple of hard falls, once on a flat rock while attempting to cross a stream. The X-E1 was in a side pocket in my pack, and must have received a very serious shock. I really expected it to be damaged, and possibly broken, yet it survived impressively (it was in a waterproof bag).

I used the camera rather sparingly in jpeg mode, and only used the 35 1.4. Here are a few quick results, with only a touch of exposure tweaking on one or two. I am quite happy thus far with the camera, its sensor, and the 35mm lens.

Cheers,

Tony C.