The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

High ISO x100 vs. xPro1/X-E1

Jaladhi

Don't have the X100 handy but from memory, I think the X-Trans sensor has about 1.5 stop advantage. I am using X-Pro 1 and processing RAW files through the Capture 1 beta which has the best support for X-Trans sensor at the moment.

Thanks for the answer. 1.5 stops better sounds very good. This would mean ISO 6400 would be no problem up to 20x30cm for private use and ISO 12800 for 10x15cm family snapshots in i.e. a restaurant...

Is there a IQ difference between X-Pro1 and X-E1?

Is there a IQ difference between X-Pro1 and X-E1?
seems that the firmware progress is the same for both. Since both have the same sensor and same processor, there is no difference in IQ.

But I found comparison shots among others between the x-pro1 and the x100 (scroll to the buttom):

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Compact System Camera - Review

Based on these web images, the differences seems to be tiny in high iso images...

Last edited: