The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100S review....good read

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Terry,

great that you like the X20!

I am lusting for a XE 1 and while I actually put my name on the waiting list for a Leica M (finally) I am no longer sure if I really should Leica adventure again. I think the M is a PERFECT camera, but it is a Leica M.

What I mean is that it is only MF and in the past 3 years I found more and more I need good AF (medium fast) to photograph my little daughter. So I wonder if the XE 1 or the X100s would not be a better solution for me as the M.

And I still could buy a whole lineup of FUji lenses and still have some money left .....

Your thoughts are very appreciated, especially as I know you also shot once Leica M8 ....

Thanks

Peter

Terry

I prefer the optical finder (or at least the choice to use optical) over the just EVF option. I have x-Pro1 and just sold X-E1. If it were me today, I would actually wait for the X-Pro2. There are plenty of folks who like The X-E1 but for all EVF solution im using Olympus body and Panny lenses. If you like the 35mm FOV I haven't heard anything bad about the X100S.

Last edited:

cam

I thought the intro was especially well written and pretty much right on target

Fuji x100s Review :: A Camera Walks Into A Bar • Photography By Zack Arias
ah, thank you for that, Terry!

i've been waiting for Zack to get it out (he's such a tease!)... i've never had issues with image quality on the X100, but the speed of the AF (and the noise of the searching blades), especially in low light, and the sh*** manual focus implementation annoyed me.

i really really hate when a company listens to its customers and fixes things :p

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Now that's what I call a review. I highly recommend downloading the full size jpg and pixel peeping as it's got some very funny text comments in it. :grin: (and apt too)