The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Joined The Fuji Crowd

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have the RRS grips but certainly had John had these available when I got them I'd have FAR FAR rather have bought his versions. He produces wonderful work and I'd happily buy his well designed and built plates.

John: You can send the $10 bills to the normal address :ROTFL:

Seriously though, John's work is excellent and it's nice to support an artisan here. Heck, he's a super nice guy too!
I don't need the L bracket so the RRS one without it looks maybe a better choice . Johns base plate from what I can see runs past the body for the L. If you want to sell your RRS let me know

And while I understand many will kill me here, I wish they will have some higher resolution s well (20 - 24MP), which would then make it almost 100% my primary system.

I do think the lenses can hold up even to higher resolution. Also look forward to the Zeiss lenses, but having seen the quality of the Fuji lenses, I am not so sure I would buy Zeiss instead of Fuji.

All in all a GREAT system!
Absolutely agree. I have hardly used my Nikon since I got the Fuji. With 24MP and a few changes, it would become my main system for pretty much everything but charreadas.

rchisholm

I sold my d800 and lenses for the Fuji-xe1. Sure, I hate the cropped sensor but the camera is so much fun to shoot. And the images are wonderful. I really want a fast 35 (23mm). The 14 is stellar. The 35 is amazing. The kit is actually a really good zoom. Everything is moderately priced. A few more lenses in the system and it will be fantastic.

Rich M

Love to get the fuji 14mm looks to be rated very well. BTW I do have a half leather case for sale on the B&S. I think I want the RRS grip and plate instead. Anyone using it have thoughts on it or thumbs up lever instead. Any advice would be helpful.
Guy,

I have the Thumbs-Up lever and the RRS base plate (BXE1). A great combo.

Personally, not a fan of the grip.

R

alajuela

I also think it's a great camera. When the x-pro2 comes out, I will convert my X-pro1 to infrared (670) and retire (sell) my converted 5D. Should be really nice kit::toocool:

sc_john

I too have joined the Fuji crowd with the X100s. It fulfills all of my expectations... small, simple (once I got through initial set-up), easy to handle, very flexible and fun, fun, fun. Did I mention fun :D? JPEGs are amazing OOC. Only issue I have is that Capture One V7.1.1 does not see the raw files for X100s during import, while it does see raw files from X-E1, X-Pro 1 and X100. Perhaps this is an issue with X-Trans CMOS II (X100s) vs X-Trans CMOS I (X-E1, X-Pro 1, etc)? Anyone have any similar experience or thoughts on this? Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks.

John

Smoothjazz

I have the XE-1, and am amazed by the quality of the images I am getting with some old Leica lenses on this camera! I love shooting in the B&W mode, and the EVF is very good. I like the Leica Summilux 50mm (ver. 1) in particular.
I also recommend the book 'Mastering the FujiFilm X-Pro 1' by Rico Pfirstinger.

sc_john

Only issue I have is that Capture One V7.1.1 does not see the raw files for X100s during import, while it does see raw files from X-E1, X-Pro 1 and X100. Perhaps this is an issue with X-Trans CMOS II (X100s) vs X-Trans CMOS I (X-E1, X-Pro 1, etc)? Anyone have any similar experience or thoughts on this? Any help very much appreciated.
Some digging in Phase One Support pages indicates that the X100S is not supported. See http://www.getdpi.com/forum/fuji/45554-capture-one-support-lack-x100s.html

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay got a grip ordered from our dear friend here John. Should get it early next week. Looking forward to having that.

Thanks Graham for keeping me up to date on that.