The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Touit Lenses

rayyan

What an unfortunate name! If we didn't know better could easily be mistaken for the ' twit ' collection.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The 12mm interest me but like to see it against Fuji's 14mm. The 14mm looks really good and on my list.

V

Vivek

I think they are a major rip off! $23 for a lens cap and $45 for the shade!:thumbdown:

monza

How much is the Sony RX-1 shade? :) I'll save you from looking it up...how does $180 sound?

The Touit lenses come with caps and shade.

V

Vivek

Robert, They do not.

BTW, leave the 7* product alone. That is peerless! ;)

V

Vivek

Why are B&H and Adorama listing these separately? Why would anyone want to buy them if they are standard? :confused:

monza

I haven't seen them on B&H and the Adorama listing isn't complete. Where are you finding prices for caps and shades?

monza

Plenty of other brand shades for that much, or more, when those shades are bundled as well. I guess they can get broken or lost. Not with me, I don't use them. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I buy cheap metal lens hoods off eBay and replace rear caps with cheap knock offs and store the lens hoods and caps that come with lenses in there box. This way you don't lose the good stuff . Also the metal lens hood act as protection and I never use front caps. Lenses are always ready to shoot this way. There dirt cheap too like 8 bucks and I pretty much have every filter size. Helps with resale of lenses too

V

Vivek

Looks like they are the replacements. Robert, thanks for the pdf. :)

My Zeiss/Sony NEX 24/1.8 hood is unused because it is humongous.

pophoto

I really wanted the 32mm f/1.8 to be faster, for the aperture, that's crazy expensive, but for an AF Zeiss, I'll let it slip this time! :p

What an unfortunate name! If we didn't know better could easily be mistaken for the ' twit ' collection.
When I saw the name I immediately thought of the old joke (paraphrased here for topic):

"I should've gone to that photoshoot. If only I'd got a round touit".

And now you can. :D