The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji 55-200mm

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Terrible lens. I can't see what all the fuss is about :D

It's a keeper. Very very sharp.

Sydney Sunset - X-Pro1 55-200 181mm 1/170 @ f/4.7 ISO 200

Crop:

benroy

Subscriber Member
B&H finally delivers 55-200...first few examples (wide open in subdued light)...nice lens...more to come when bright sun/stopped down opportunities present themselves.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
The dead tree: my favorite lens testing site...images are crisp (i.e. quite sharp)

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Time to revive a long ignored thread...recognizing a very fine lens that deserves more attention...the photography (mine) is not first rate and the main reason for the lack of attention...but...the image quality of the lens is well worth another look.

The first set: signs. Other sets to come.

Last edited:

Sapphie

Great stuff Roy. I sold my 55-200 soon after purchase as I wasn't sure I'd use it much. It helped fund a Sigma DP Merrill and , to be honest, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to stay with Fuji. However, since Photo Ninja from Picturecode was released I think I am getting great results from X-trans raw. So I am thinking of getting this lens again - I sort of miss it. However, that 14mm seems to be uppermost in my thoughts!

Lee

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Lee. This thread has gone unnoticed for close to a year...I thought I would give it a charge...other than you there has been no interest.

Re: 14mm: my favorite lens (at the moment)...do you think there would be enough interest to start a 14mm thread? I have been using Photoshop6 for raw processing of Fuji images...have not had any problems.

Roy Benson

Sapphie

Roy

Well, the thread was only started this summer. Anyway, it is surprising perhaps that there have not been more contributions. Are you using yours mostly tripod mounted or do you enjoy the OIS?

Re the 14mm, well, I think it would be worth it but maybe there isn't enough call for it, I guess it depends whether people are celebrating their particular body + lens combination or want to focus (so to speak) on the quality of the lenses.

Wherever they go, please keep them going!

Lee

benroy

Subscriber Member
Lee: thanks for the kind remarks. Lens is light and easy to handle...all hand held with the OIS...seems to work fine. Have you read/viewed M. Reichman's comments on the 55-200?
He has a video on LuLa where he and his partner go over their "toys"...both of them are very impressed with and apparently use the 55-200 quite a bit.