The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji XM-1

ptomsu

Workshop Member
@4711

I am surprised how well you are informed about Fuji internals - are you working for them :D

What you say is all clear and no further discussion necessary.

Fact is if someone has requirements now and a product cannot fulfill, then to bad, this one will leave to another product and even jump ships.

No need for more discussion from my side!

Thanks

Peter

I can`t say I am disappointed but I was expecting more. I was watching the review and it seems like a nice product with great design especially the screen but other than that I dont se anything special that would make me buy it.

hsteeves

As an early buyer into the XP1, I was on the verge of selling it but the XM-1 has changed my mind. Definitely more the size I'm looking for and the tilt screen is a big plus. Wish there was a VF option but who knows what coming except Fuji.

raist3d

Ricardo,

I hardly can believe that the new July 2013 FW will improve AF significantly. This is why I am looking for at least an XPro1s, same improvements as the X100s showed, or of course even better an XPro2 adding also further improvements I mentioned in my previous post.
I am not expecting a major improvement either but an improvement over what they have isn't all that bad- at least with the standard zoom.

We cannot to anything about product/marketing strategy of specific companies except everyone of us can decide how long to stay patient or jump ships.
Then jump! The xpro1 isn't that old and still works great. If its not a match for you then jump. A company can have many reasons to not come up with it yet. You dont want to wait? Then jump.

I am only looking at the xm1 mainly for the size. I have wondered at times If I should just keep using my still haven't put for sale k-5 and Q only for my love of the Q. I like the x-e1 a lot and "got it" pretty quick though I like even smaller. Even if the xm1 improved on nothing else I like still consider it for me.

Ricardo

Last edited:

raist3d

Well looks like the AF has improved significantly for the XF35 with the new firmware upgrade for X-E1/XPro1. The kit zoom the improvement is milder but that lens was already reasonably fast. But there's still an improvement.

Also focus lock rates and accuracy. Check it out!

- Ricardo