The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What do you use to RAW develop X-Pro 1 files

gurtch

I am new to this camera. I have the 35mm and 14mm lenses. In CS6 (latest ACR down loaded), there are no lens corrections for this camera or lenses. I have read that the Fuji lens profiles built into the camera firmware will make automatic corrections if shooting JPGs, but I prefer RAW. What is everyone using? I tried the supplied Silky Pix, but it is not obvious to me if it automatically fixes lens faults.
Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ

ReeRay

I use Capture One Pro for my X-E1 files which I believe includes lens correction for the RAW files. Aside from that the rendition of the files through C1 is quite superb and having tried SilkyPix, ACR and LR V5 I see C1 as my preferred developer.

Hope this helps

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
I use primarily two myself, Lightroom and Irridient Developer (formerly known as RAW Developer). Lightroom for the quick and easy batch work, and ID for those special selects I wish to get the maximum out of or really push the edges.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I am using Aperture, LR and Capture One Pro - all latest versions.

I give the edge to C1Pro followed by Aperture.

Although I figured out that the JPEGs from Fuji in different film modes are SO GOOD, that it is almost impossible to get there without lot of work in any RAW developer, but again C1Pro leads here IMHO.

Charles2

Lately have started with dcraw, which gives as neutral a start as any (will post details if anyone is interested). The TIF goes into Raw Therapee for brightness adjustments and some color work. Post processing with Picture Window Pro.

DavidL

My choice was Capture One express 7. However, like others here I'm finding the jpeg output is more than good enough, in that it gets through my agencies quality control.
David

Paul2660

In camera jpg is excellent as others have mentioned, and I tend to setup the X-E1 as jpg/raw.

I still prefer raw and have found both LR 4.4 and Capture One 7 very good. However on fine pine needles, or anything else green and fine, currently Capture one can't quite resolve or figure out the finer details. This is much more a problem with the wider shots. Close in both tools do fine.

I find that the raws need considerable sharpening in both LR and Capture One and on issues like groups of trees (pine, spruce, etc) I will add a layer in Capture one and sharpen those areas even more.

I have also tried a bit of sharpening in CS with photokit under the creative sharpening and am still working on that. With this type of sharpening I will drop back to defaults in Capture one and add just a bit of sharpening in LR top slider around 35 or so.

Paul Caldwell

archiM44

I use LR5 first, and sometimes send the RAF file to Capture One Pro7 or Irridient Developer using John Beardworth's "Open Directly" plugin depending on the quality of the LR5 result Then import the TIF back into LR using the synchronize folder function.
I find skin tones in LR5 closer to reality than in Capture One, where they are rendered with higher contrast and higher saturation and a touch too much magenta to my taste. Easy to create a profile using the color editor, but LR5 gives me better results for all different skin tones.

At present the best all-in-one solution for the X-Pro1 files is offered in my opinion by Aperture and the worst one by Lightroom (which is my favorite main tool anyhow). As for the Raw conversion only, I find Capture One and Iridient as good as Aperture.

woodyspedden

At present the best all-in-one solution for the X-Pro1 files is offered in my opinion by Aperture and the worst one by Lightroom (which is my favorite main tool anyhow). As for the Raw conversion only, I find Capture One and Iridient as good as Aperture.
+1.

I never felt the need for Aperture as Lightroom was so good with both my M Leicas and the S.

However having now the XPro1, loving it, and wanting to get the best from it, I tried Aperture and found it the most consistent and the best of all the converters I tried. (Lightoom 5, Capture One 7 etc)

JMHO
Woody