The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The XF 23 f/1.4

soboyle

My Fuji XF 23 1.4 arrived yesterday, tested it yesterday afternoon and I took it out last night to give it a run. Seems to be an exceptional lens, my daylight shots wide open are very sharp, with a slight falloff at the edges. By 2.0 is very good at edges. It's a keeper.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Very nice. I got my 23/1.4 this week too and I would agree that first impressions are similar to you in that this lens has mojo and a special look. Heck it even feels like a Leica/Zeiss with the new beautifully weighted aperture and zoom controls. Not a small lens but the rendering is beautiful, especially the in focus - out of focus transition.

I'm looking forward to shooting something meaningful with it at the weekend.

danlindberg

I've got an X-E1 for small videoclips and the (very) odd familysnap. But I picked up a 1.4/23 yesterday, thinking it could be cool with shallow dof in videos, and stills of course. I tried it for the first time this evening and not too shabby a lens! However it seems to front focus a tad - is there a possibility to fine-tune yourself?

I precooked jpg files with b&w/r and hard contrast. Nothing done in post.

This one I could not resist to give a title:

'Bridge closed'

viablex1

My Fuji XF 23 1.4 arrived yesterday, tested it yesterday afternoon and I took it out last night to give it a run. Seems to be an exceptional lens, my daylight shots wide open are very sharp, with a slight falloff at the edges. By 2.0 is very good at edges. It's a keeper.

nice shot and I guess you are the "shaun oboyle" you have inspired so many photographers with your work!!! :salute::salute::salute:

soboyle

Liking this lens more and more. Rivals the Canon 35 1.4. Very nice color, contrast and sharpness. Perfect for those one lens outings with the X-E1. Appreciate the comment viablex1, cheers.