The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black X100s

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
That is certainly one beautiful camera. Jim (jcolwell) over at FM uses this body as his 35, and the X-Pro 1 with the 14 through 60mm lenses as his main body. Certainly works well for him.

bensonga

I've been very happy with my silver X100. Now I might just have to add a black X100S to my stable of Fuji cameras (which includes a black XE1 and I've been waiting for a X-Pro2). :D

Gary

scho

I could't resist :eek:. My new little black beauty Fujifilm X100S arrived from B&H. It is a replacement for the X100 I had a few years ago and seems to be significantly improved. The power button and shutter release (with soft release button) is still too easy to trigger on (I had it under my jacket and took 4 30 sec shots unintentionally while driving), but other wise this little cam is a joy to use. Just need to carry it in a bag when not is use. I'm hoping that this will be a nice travel cam to compliment my Sony A7R.

Purple oxalis houseplant, shot in macro mode.

An ooc B&Y yellow filter shot

A few grunge shots around the old park boathouse

douglasf13

I could't resist :eek:. My new little black beauty Fujifilm X100S arrived from B&H. It is a replacement for the X100 I had a few years ago and seems to be significantly improved. The power button and shutter release (with soft release button) is still too easy to trigger on (I had it under my jacket and took 4 30 sec shots unintentionally while driving), but other wise this little cam is a joy to use. Just need to carry it in a bag when not is use. I'm hoping that this will be a nice travel cam to compliment my Sony A7R.
Cool camera! You might try a smaller soft release, if you're having problems. I use a small one from "Cam-In" on ebay that is really small and low profile, and I don't have issues with it catching on anything.

I actually just bought a couple of the older black X100 limiteds that I found new. The recent firmware gets it pretty darn close to the X100s, which I also used to own. Interestingly, as I was just mentioning on another forum, it looks like Fuji has gone with the textured black paint on the X100s, like the X-E1, rather than the glossy black paint of the X100 LE, so they look a little different.

Enjoy the camera!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I could't resist :eek:. My new little black beauty Fujifilm X100S arrived from B&H.

Damn that's pretty. I traded my silver X100s recently after I got my RX1R which I love but the matt/satin finish looks so damn sexy.

I must resist ... :facesmack:

scho

Cool camera! You might try a smaller soft release, if you're having problems. I use a small one from "Cam-In" on ebay that is really small and low profile, and I don't have issues with it catching on anything.

I actually just bought a couple of the older black X100 limiteds that I found new. The recent firmware gets it pretty darn close to the X100s, which I also used to own. Interestingly, as I was just mentioning on another forum, it looks like Fuji has gone with the textured black paint on the X100s, like the X-E1, rather than the glossy black paint of the X100 LE, so they look a little different.

Enjoy the camera!
Thanks Douglas. I'm very pleased with this little cam, both in terms of image quality and handling. I'll look for a smaller soft release.
Damn that's pretty. I traded my silver X100s recently after I got my RX1R which I love but the matt/satin finish looks so damn sexy.

I must resist ... :facesmack:
No chance Graham, I tried and failed. :D

Rich M

I could't resist :eek:. My new little black beauty Fujifilm X100S arrived from B&H. It is a replacement for the X100 I had a few years ago and seems to be significantly improved.
Awesome Carl…….I have the original silver and black X100S (in a small black neoprene pouch…..of course :p)

R

scho

Awesome Carl…….I have the original silver and black X100S (in a small black neoprene pouch…..of course :p)

R
Hi Rich, Good to hear that you are also using the X100S. I really am enjoying shooting with this cam, more so than with the old X100. It is my go everywhere camera, also in a small bag and the beauty is I don't have to pack extra lenses or worry about lens lust. :)

fordfanjpn

It looks beautiful! I'm going to the camera store tomorrow to see if I can trade in my silver X100S, an X-E2 body and the X-Pro1 body for the black X100S. That will bring my "collection" down to the black X100S, one X-E2 and the new X-T1. Not a bad way to go! :D

Bill

bensonga

It looks beautiful! I'm going to the camera store tomorrow to see if I can trade in my silver X100S, an X-E2 body and the X-Pro1 body for the black X100S. That will bring my "collection" down to the black X100S, one X-E2 and the new X-T1. Not a bad way to go! :D

Bill
Nooooo.....say it isn't true Bill! I showed the photo of your SEVEN Fuji X cams to my wife to prove that my small collection of four X-series cameras isn't unreasonable. :eek:

As much as I like my X100, XE1 and XT1....the XPro1 is definitely my favorite. It is the last one I would let go.

Gary

fordfanjpn

Nooooo.....say it isn't true Bill! I showed the photo of your SEVEN Fuji X cams to my wife to prove that my small collection of four X-series cameras isn't unreasonable. :eek:

As much as I like my X100, XE1 and XT1....the XPro1 is definitely my favorite. It is the last one I would let go.

Gary
Sorry Gary, it's a done deal. Here is my new toy. The only surprise was the extras, i.e. black lens adapter, soft release and thumbs up. I do love the color.

Bill

bensonga

It's a beauty alright...congratulations Bill. I really don't want to part with my silver X100, but the black X100s is gorgeous.

scho

Sorry Gary, it's a done deal. Here is my new toy. The only surprise was the extras, i.e. black lens adapter, soft release and thumbs up. I do love the color.

Bill

Congrats Bill. I'm sure that you will enjoy using this beauty.