The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black X100s

mesposito

You guys might like this. :^}

I had the silver x100s and had to send it off to Fuji for service. I made the mistake of carrying it (in my hand) up a hill in the snow in Moab, and proceeded to slide down scuffing up the body a bit. Stupid.

Anyway, I got the Black X100s which I love, stealthy as it is. I decided to photograph my own version of the product shot with my Phase One system. For me the X100s is a fantastic companion camera to a Medium Format system. I use it to scout out locations, and do the family stuff, etc.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
IF ONLY it had 720p/30 video, I would have bought one months ago. if a future edition comes out with this (as the X-E2 and the X-T1 do) then I will be first in the queue.

douglasf13

IF ONLY it had 720p/30 video, I would have bought one months ago. if a future edition comes out with this (as the X-E2 and the X-T1 do) then I will be first in the queue.
I believe the X100s only does 1080p at 30 or 60fps, and the X100 does 720p at 24fps.

HeavyDuty

I rented an X100s last May for a week and was hugely impressed. The release of a black version finally tipped me over the edge - I have one on order.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Douglas, I posted yesterday over at personal-view; I ran a sync test yesterday (cameras: X-E2, G6, GX-1; two recorders: Sony PCM-10, Zoom H2n); my X-E2 cannot maintain sync over a ten minute period.

All except the X-E2 are frame-accurate sync over 11'; the X-E2 was 15 frames late, sound and vision. I have posted on this problem on the X-Trans forum too; I noticed the sync had drifted in a shot YT clip I made last week. but yesterday I realised that I had assumed that the H2n had not drifted over that period—so I decided to test properly.

I do not understand how this kind of drift could have been missed by the engineers; I have work in film and video for 30 years, and anyone can see a three-frame out of sync problem in dialogue, and some can see a single frame.

I have my Fuji X bodies for sale on Fred's site, too, if anyone's interested. The X-E2 makes excellent stills, and has lovely ergonomics, but my work is 70% video these days so while I do not love any of the Panny bodies, I have to give them kudos for their excellent video.